Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 09-29-2007   #13

Default Re: Playstation 3 Price cut rumor

Well guess what,
Looks like another price drop!
There may be a $399 PS3 soon, it'll have a 40G hard drive, no card reader & no emotion engine for backward compatibility.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #14

OK, they are getting close to me buying a PS3 now... I will likely never need a card reader (or do I for the PS3?) and can live without the backwards compatability (already sold off my PS2 and all games).

Is the 40G HD enough space for a minor league user??
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
OK, they are getting close to me buying a PS3 now... I will likely never need a card reader (or do I for the PS3?) and can live without the backwards compatability (already sold off my PS2 and all games).

Is the 40G HD enough space for a minor league user??
40G is plenty, I have a 60G & with 6 games, 40 HD game & movie trailers, 6 ripped CD's, about 100 photos & my game saves from the PS2 I haven't used 40G yet.

I like the card reader myself, no it's not required for game saves or anything but I can take the memory card out of my camera & put it in the PS3 & see my pictures on my TV, of course it will still have USB ports & you could always put your pics on a USB thumb drive & watch them that way too.

Also I hear they are extending the 5 free Blu-Ray movies promotion.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #16

Good to hear about the HD space, maybe I'll buy one soon..
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #17

I'd love to have a good reason for buying the PS3. I just haven't seen any compelling games that will get me off of the fence yet. The BD movies are a nice enticement but i'm waiting for the players to mature a bit more and then get a dedicated high-end player for my reference system. I really don't care which format wins as long as one does. In the meantime I just got the latest Xbox premium system for $349 that has an HDMI output and will now put out a 1080p signal with very good surround sound. Halo 3 is stunniningly good, both in graphics and audio. But the best aspect of it is the game play and on-line experience. There are aspects of Microsoft that i don't like, but the on-line gaming is the benchmark for server setup. I plan on adding the shuttle for HD-DVD and see where the PS3 is heading. I'll likely own it eventually. Some would say that for the price of the Xbox console and shuttle i could have the PS3, but there is still not a game i care to play on the PS3 yet and i don't know how their on-line gaming interface is. I can't beleive that won't change but until then i'll be fragging on Halo.
http://modernhometheater.com/
http://www.avrevforum.com/
Audiogeek_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #18

Thumbs down Re: Playstation 3 Price cut rumor

I mailed my form for the 5 "FREE" BD's from Sony in June and I just received a card stating that because of the demand my shipment will be delayed until November. Of course it states that I have the right to cancel my order if I so choose. (my "FREE" BD order)
J.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
13, cable, cut, forum, hdmi, ken, kotaku, play, playstation, price, ps3, rev, rumors, station, taraszka, vw1