Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blu-ray Players (http://www.avrev.com/forum/blu-ray-players-24/)
-   -   Pioneer Elite BDP-94HD (http://www.avrev.com/forum/blu-ray-players/229-pioneer-elite-bdp-94hd.html)

RobRan 07-05-2007 07:58 AM

Pioneer Elite BDP-94HD

This is my first in home experience with BD, so I may be overly impressed. I just wanted everyone to know this fact. Iíve seen the different players in showroom, but nothing at home. I finally couldnít wait for the prices to drop any more.

Just Received my new BD player on Monday night, the HDMI cables arrived Tuesday, plugged the BD & DVR into the Purelink HS 42A switch, connected the switcher to the Pioneer Elite 50" plasma. Took the optical out, from the Purelink switcher and connected it to my Lexicon MC12B. Turned on all the equipment, dropped in a BD disc - SOUND & PICTURE! Did the final set up on the BDP-94HD, dropped in Superman returns (which came with the player) and sat down.

Itís impressive, from 6 Ė 8 feet the only thing that youíre missing in the view is three dimensions! Hair is just like looking in a mirror. The sound is equally impressive, as explosions or bullets scream by your ears and they are coming right at superman.

I then loaded a DVD from my collection. The up-conversion was very impressive! The picture was softer than the BD, but the image was very viewable. The Pioneer Elite BD will make my collection of DVDís live much longer.

I will let you all know more as I audition additional BD & DVD movies. But the first look and sound are impressive.

Rob

JerryDelColliano 07-11-2007 05:08 PM

Re: Pioneer Elite BDP-94HD

Watching DVDs after Blu-ray is really hard. For me - you really have to want to watch the conent. Otherwise, I will wait for the HD.

j

pfslai 07-14-2007 09:15 PM

I was told by a credible source that this machine still loads quite slowly. Is this correct?

ssali 07-15-2007 08:04 AM

Yes the Elite is slow, not as slow as the original model. From what I understand these player are mini PC's with slow old processors to keep the cost down (cost down, yeah right!). If I could add my own comments...this player is superb, far superior in picture and sound to Sony or Samsung players. Yes expensive, but definitely worth matching the right player to your equipment.

JerryDelColliano 07-16-2007 07:29 AM

If the picture quality is there - that is a good sign.

All of the players load slowly.

I would love to be a fly on the wall at one of those meetings when the execs discussed how slow the players loaded. Then again, I would need to speak Japanese.

RobRan 07-16-2007 07:39 AM

Your correct Ssali. It is slow. I just turn the unit on go to the next room for a glass of water and when I return it's ready to load a dvd. Pop it in & go to the lounge chair and wait. Wait for that beautiful picture to pop. The upgraded sound (PCM 5.1 - 48 kHZ, 24 bit), when available, is OUTSTANDING also! I am looking for more BD's with it or better.