Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blu-ray Players (http://www.avrev.com/forum/blu-ray-players-24/)
-   -   MCE Technologies Releases 6x Blu-ray Burner for Mac (http://www.avrev.com/forum/blu-ray-players/2158-mce-technologies-releases-6x-blu-ray-burner-mac.html)

tigeraudio2007 07-02-2008 08:26 AM

MCE Technologies Releases 6x Blu-ray Burner for Mac

MCE Technologies has done what Apple appears to be resistant in doing. MCe has released not only a 2x Blu-ray burner, but now a 6x Blu-ray Recorder Drive that is compatible with Mac Pro and Power Mac G5 computers. Recently Panasonic had announced 6x burnable media, so being able to utilize the burner's full capacity should not be long from now.

The drive's specs also include 2x BD-RE, 16x DVD+-R, 8x DVD+-RW, 4x DVD+-R DL, 40x CD-R and 24x CD-RW. Price ranges from $499 to $749. The drive alone is $499, while the Toast 9/drive bundle runs for $599. An external version is also available for $749.

The Kipnis Studios 07-02-2008 08:39 AM

Re: MCE Technologies Releases 6x Blu-ray Burner for Mac

WOW!!!

Now we are talking - because anyone (with a MAC PRO - but soon truly everyone) with an HD camera, some editing software, and a BD Writer will have the potential to create reference quality 1920 x 1080p @ 24, 30, & 60p at will.

In effect, with this BD writer as a source of inexpensive storage and HQ delivery, and the newest HD Internet (???) streaming on demand protocols, anyone will be able to compete against major studios and networks around the world!

rlpiii 07-02-2008 01:20 PM

MCE had these out since at least Nov./Dec. of last year. I was going to get one for christmas, but they were wait-listed, and I decided on something else because I did not want to wait.

kloneman 07-26-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlpiii (Post 16288)
MCE had these out since at least Nov./Dec. of last year. I was going to get one for christmas, but they were wait-listed, and I decided on something else because I did not want to wait.

Do you mean "something else" in the way of another brand of BD burner, or "something else" as in "...and now for something completely different...?"

rlpiii 07-27-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kloneman (Post 16772)
Do you mean "something else" in the way of another brand of BD burner, or "something else" as in "...and now for something completely different...?"

Something completely different.

hdimage 10-13-2008 06:13 PM

All:
BEWARE OF MCE!
I ordered the Blue-ray Burner for Mac from MCE. I ordered on Friday and mentioned to them I needed by next Friday. I was assured about it. Did not get any update by Wednesday. Called them. Was told that the shipment they received was not allocated for me. But that another shipment was coming and I would get it by Friday. Did not get any info Thursday. So called them again. Was told that I am not getting anyting for 3-4 weeks! I requested to speak to person named Rich who I placed the order with. He was not around. I called after 3-4 hours. Got some other person who made the story that I will be getting the burner next day and that they are about to ship. Asked for tracking number and was told to watch for the email. Waited for 3 hours. No emails! Called them again. Was told again there was no burner available!! I decided to cancel the order. Guess what.. I was told that the order was cancelled. BUT I WAS CHARGED $499.00 ON THE SAME DAY. I havent receved the refund yet. I must have called them 15 times already. I keep hearing different stories. I called today as well. I was told by the rep (Named Rich) that he is processing the refund and should have the information about refund in email. So far nothing.. I am surely convienced that this company is a SPAM and these people are FRAUD!!!

BEWARE OF MCE TECHNOLOGIES. I dont want anyone else to go through what I have been through.
I have filed complaint with BBB and also with ripoffreport.com!