Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 06-10-2008   #7

Default Re: Wal-Mart Boosts Volume of Blu-ray and Hi Def

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kipnis Studios View Post
The end of physical media may very well be soon at hand.
I have been saying this for a while, stalwarts will never leave the physical word for the digital world, but I think the vast majority of us will use HD's for our music and movies very soon.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008   #8

I have yet to step foot inside a Wal-Mart for any reason. But I did pop into my local Best Buy yesterday to see what Blu-ray goodies I've missed while on location and their selection was sparse at best. I asked a salesperson about it and was told that since the demise of HD DVD they've had a hard time keeping Blu-ray's in stock. BB has some aggressive incentives by way of buy two get one free as well as many titles listed at $19.99. I bought Twister and a few others for $20 a pop but it seems studios need to do a better job meeting the sudden demand. PS3's were also SOLD OUT at my BB as were many of the entry level Blu-ray players from Sony and Panasonic. I did see that one of BB's Vizio like brands (name escapes me) has their own BR player for sale now. It was listed at $300 however, lacked true HD audio support. I almost bought it for review. Perhaps I still will...

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008   #9

I`m not a big fan of WalMart myself. Though my wife and her friends, love the place. I`m told they havd a SD DVD bin with DVD`s as low as $5.00. Director`s Cuts and everything else, supposedly.

Good to hear however that the general public are snatching these Blu-Ray players. Now, if we can avoid another mishap like the format war, we`ll be moving in the right direction.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008   #10

Downside to Wal-Mart's DVD bins is that most of the content Wal-Mart buys is 4:3 material. I thought DVD brought an end to the square menace, turns out they were all at Wal-Mart. My GF does the occasional Wal run and she's come home with more than a few killer films but in non letterbox format. Thank god the Wal will take back anything. Downside is, they never had the letterbox versions in stock.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
blu, bluray, boosting, calibration, consumerelectronics, mart, ray, sound, twister, wal, wallmart, walmart