Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 05-21-2008   #1

Default Denon Press Line Show 2008 Overview

For Immediate Release
Press Contact: Lisa Cazzola, DBA Public Relations, lcazzola@dba-pr.com, (212) 388-1400

DENON EMBODIES “BOUNDLESS ENTERTAINMENT” WITH EXCITING NEW PRODUCTS AND FEATURES, PLUS MAJOR EDUCATION INITIATIVES

-- Debuts Ten New A/V Receivers, New Noise-Cancelling Headphones, Blu-ray Player, Plus Enhanced Training Programs for Custom and Retail Dealers and More --

Mahwah, NJ, May 20, 2008 — Denon Electronics, one of the world’s premier manufacturers of high-quality home entertainment components, is embodying “Boundless Entertainment” with an exciting new lineup of products and lifestyle-enhancing features, all with a clear focus on providing simple yet elegant solutions for enjoying the ultimate home entertainment experience. To support its line of 21st century home entertainment products at retail, Denon® is launching a multi-level trade and consumer marketing and communications initiative that includes an expanded training program for both custom installers and on-the-floor retail salespeople, a high-impact, one-stop “POP Demo Station” for whole-home networking, as well as key logistical improvements.

Joe Stinziano, Denon Senior Vice President for Sales and Marketing, noted: “Denon’s commitment to ‘Boundless Entertainment’ is reflected in every aspect of our corporate culture in 2008. Our new products not only offer superior audio and video performance but a host of innovative features designed to truly enhance a consumer’s lifestyle, with powerful yet simple solutions for multiple applications. Our goal is to allow users to get maximum enjoyment out of all their entertainment content, regardless of its source, anywhere and everywhere, whether it’s packaged media, streamed content from inside or outside the home, or even Internet radio. And to support our new lineup, we’re redoubling our efforts in both retailer and consumer education, ensuring that our message of ‘boundless entertainment’ comes through loud and clear.”

New and Enhanced Product Lineup…
The cornerstone to Denon’s vigorous commitment to “Boundless Entertainment” is a variety of new and enhanced products that feature a host of consumer benefits, offering Denon customers exciting new ways to enjoy high-quality entertainment throughout the home. Here’s a brief look at Denon’s new and upcoming products:

· Ten New A/V Receivers: Denon has incorporated leading-edge image- and sound-enhancing technologies in all ten of its new high-performance receivers. These features include HDMI 1.3a capability with support for Deep Color, Audyssey Dynamic EQ, Audyssey MultEQ and Audyssey Dynamic Volume in all. The new receivers include the multi-zone Models AVR-2809CI (SRP: $1,199), AVR-2309CI (SRP:$849), AVR-1909 (SRP: $649), AVR-1709 (SRP: $449) and AVR-1609 (SRP: $349), as well as five new high-performance, high-value receivers in its Retail Home Theater Series line, including the models AVR-989 (SRP: $1,199), AVR-889 (SRP: $749), AVR-789 (SRP: $599), AVR-689 (SRP: $399), and AVR-589 (SRP: $299).

· DVD-1800BD – Denon is introducing its third entry in its very successful and critically acclaimed Blu-ray DVD line. The Model DVD-1800BD (SRP: $749) features HDMI 1.3a with Deep Color and Bonus View support (BD Profile 1.1), Full bitstream output of Dolby and DTS-HD audio formats, 1080p scaling from SD DVDs, and 2-channel analog audio output.

· Noise-Cancelling Headphones: Denon is giving its music loving customers an opportunity to “escape to quality sound” with the introduction of its high-end luxury Model AHNC732 On-Ear Noise Cancelling Headphones (SRP: $299).

· Reference Grade CX Series: The three new CX Series products, including the Model DRA-CX3 Stereo Receiver (SRP: $1,200), DCD CX3 SACD/CD Player (SRP: $1,200), and SC-CX303 2-Channel Loudspeaker System (SRP: $1,200) are all currently available. Created with audio specifications, style and details inspired by the company’s legendary S-Series of Hi-Fi components, Denon’s elegant new reference audio components are designed for the audiophile purist who harkens back with nostalgia to the heyday of two-channel stereo.

Ramped-Up Commitment to CI Community
Denon has added even more to its commitment to the professional custom integration market. Launched last year, Denon’s CI Certification program now offers valuable CEDIA CEUs (Continuing Education Units) for attendees of the regionally conducted, highly specialized trainings for professional integrators. These training sessions focus on all aspects of integrating, controlling and troubleshooting of all Denon CI products, with added attention to Denon’s network home entertainment components. In addition, CI Certified integrators gain access to the recently launched ‘CI Portal’, which is a specially designated web site offering product news, technical data, FAQs and more, but also the ability to gain contact with Denon’s CI technical support group. In addition to specialized training for custom integrators, Denon is also stepping up its training program for retail salespeople who work on the sales floor. The company’s enhanced on-line training program will help educate retail salespeople how to demonstrate and communicate key features that provide lifestyle benefits including whole-home networking.

New POP Demo Station: A “One-Stop Education” in Whole-Home Entertainment
One of the key elements that will drive Denon’s retail and consumer education initiative for networked products is a unique, high-impact Point-of-Purchase (POP) Networking Demo Station display that will feature an intuitive “one-stop” demonstration to communicate the lifestyle benefits inherent in company’s “Boundless Entertainment” message. The easy-to-use POP demo Station will spotlight the simplicity, fun and lifestyle-enhancing nature of Denon’s new networking-capable products, including its new line of multi-zone A/V receivers. These units will roll out in the summer to approximately 100 store-fronts.

Improved Logistics for More Efficient Product Distribution and Ordering
To help streamline the entire distribution and ordering process for its high-performance products to retailers, Denon will move into a new state-of-the-art distribution facility in Carson, CA. The new facility will feature a computerized ordering system and other high-efficiency operational protocols to make it easier and faster for custom integrators and retailers to obtain precisely the Denon products they need when they need them.

About Denon Electronics
Denon is a world leader in the manufacture of the highest quality home theater, audio and software products. Denon is recognized internationally for innovative and groundbreaking products and has a long history of technical innovations, including the development and first commercialization of PCM digital audio. Denon Electronics is owned by D&M Holdings Inc.

About D&M Holdings Inc.
D&M Holdings Inc. is a global operating company providing worldwide management and distribution platforms for premium consumer, automotive, commercial and professional audio and video businesses including Denon®, Marantz®, McIntosh® Laboratory, Boston Acoustics®, Snell Acoustics, Escientâ, Calrec Audio, Denon DJ, Allen & Heath, D&M Professional and D&M Premium Sound Solutions. Our technologies improve the quality of any audio and visual experience. All product and brand names with a trademark symbol are trademarks or registered trademarks of D&M Holdings, Inc. or its subsidiaries. For more information visit www.dm-holdings.com.

Denon and Marantz are registered trademarks of D&M Holdings Inc.; McIntosh is a registered trademark of McIntosh Laboratory, Inc.; Boston Acoustics is a registered trademark of Boston Acoustics, Inc. and Escient is a registered trademarks of Digital Networks North America, Inc.

# # #

DISCLAIMER
Statements in this news release that are not statements of historical fact may include forward looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of the company. We wish to caution you that such statements are just predictions and that actual events or results may differ materially. Forward looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties surrounding competitive and industry conditions, market acceptance for the company's products, risks of litigation, ability to meet targeted launch dates, technological changes, developing industry standards and other factors related to the company's businesses. The Company reserves all of its rights.
DBA Public Relations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #2

Default Re: Denon Press Line Show 2008 Overview

What was the thinking behind making the DVD-1800BD profile 1.1 instead of profile 2.0?

I'm ready to step up from my PS3 to a nice standalone & the DVD-1800BD would have been a great match to my 3808ci but I'm not buying a Blu-Ray player without an ethernet connection.
I guess the regular & simple firmware upgrades through the ethernet connection of the PS3 has spoiled me.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #3

I hope they make a more concerted effort to get the firmware in line.

I just applied a firmware upgrade to my Denon Blu-ray 2800 transport that addressed 32 known issues. One of these was proper handling of DB level to the sub. Through investigation, which included talking to Denon support, the glitch was causing a reduction in DB level for the sub signal (on PCM signals only).

In another thread, Ken noticed where the Denon was significantly better in the bass vs. the PS3, and I was finding the opposite to be true. After the firmware upgrade, I'm now finding that the bass is better as well. I have a very early unit, where he has a newer one that probably has the upgrade. The video on the Denon also improved after the upgrade, and the discs that previously had playback problems now work.

It really does add an additional wrinkle to evaluating these players. You now not only have to worry about which player, but what firmware level you are at. I want to see reviews on the latest and greatest players, but after this, how do you know whether a player that is not quite on par with others (after an early review) is related to player issues and not firmware issues that can be addressed and corrected.

You almost have to let the player "marinate" in the market for a while so the kinks can be worked out. It is not a fun process for the early buyers that have to find the issues.

My PS3, on the other hand, has had no issues. I wonder how this firmware works. Is each manufacturer having to start from scratch? The DB level for a PCM channel seems pretty basic to me. Is the PS3 more stable because Sony is the originator of the format, because they test their firmware better, because the disc manufacturers are using Sony products to test their software or some combination?

It would be real interesting to find out how the whole firmware process works.
HT Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #4

Firmware updates may change the way reviews are done, after a product is reviewed it will have to be reviewed 6 months later after firmware updates because so mush could have changed from the time it was released.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT Junky View Post
In another thread, Ken noticed where the Denon was significantly better in the bass vs. the PS3, and I was finding the opposite to be true. After the firmware upgrade, I'm now finding that the bass is better as well. I have a very early unit, where he has a newer one that probably has the upgrade. The video on the Denon also improved after the upgrade, and the discs that previously had playback problems now work.
HT Junky,

I must clarify, I compared the PS3 to a sony BDP-S1 and Samsung BDP-1200, I am supposed to have a Denon transport in for review early June, hopefully it will come in before I have to submit the review or the AVP-A1HDCI preamp but I am not sure.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #6

Smile Re: Denon Press Line Show 2008 Overview

All I can say here is wow. Denon is certainly turning the heat up, as far as availability for compentry with the current connections, flexibilities, and codecs.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
1709, 2008, audio, dcdcx3, dennon, denon, development, line, players, press, release, reviews, sacd, show, troubleshooting