Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 06-16-2008   #7

Default Re: Denon Press Line Show 2008 Overview

My Denon 2500 transport just got the boot.

The firmware upgrade, mentioned earlier, fixed the newer discs that I was having issues with (ex. Resident Evil Extn). Now the orginal Resident Evil doesn't play correctly. For the DolbyHD track, sound only comes from the rear surrounds. The center and left channel no long work on Chain Reaction. Both of these played perfectly before, and still play perfectly through my PS3 (which holds true for any Bluray disc I have).

I redownloaded, recopied and reloaded the firmware. Still the same result.

I'm beginning to think that these manufacturers rush these players (and firmware upgrades) to market with the attitude that they can fix it later.
HT Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT Junky View Post
My Denon 2500 transport just got the boot.

The firmware upgrade, mentioned earlier, fixed the newer discs that I was having issues with (ex. Resident Evil Extn). Now the orginal Resident Evil doesn't play correctly. For the DolbyHD track, sound only comes from the rear surrounds. The center and left channel no long work on Chain Reaction. Both of these played perfectly before, and still play perfectly through my PS3 (which holds true for any Bluray disc I have).

I redownloaded, recopied and reloaded the firmware. Still the same result.

I'm beginning to think that these manufacturers rush these players (and firmware upgrades) to market with the attitude that they can fix it later.
Have you been in contact with their customer service? Right now with the reviews being very pro on their new Denon pre/pro`s, I would think they will do what is necessary to help you.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #9

I have been on the phone with them quite a bit lately, working with the playback issues I was having with a couple of the recently released Blu-ray discs. They said the firmware upgrade should fix the problems I was reporting, which they did.

I need to simmer down a bit before I start the process of dealing with those guys again. Right now it's on the opposite side of my basement than the ball pean hammer. Trying to remove the temptation.....
HT Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
1709, 2008, audio, dcdcx3, dennon, denon, development, line, players, press, release, reviews, sacd, show, troubleshooting