Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2008   #1
rex
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 379
Default Panasonic Announces Pricing for DMP-BD50 $699 MSRP

Panasonic has revealed that their upcoming BD-Live (Profile v2.0) Blu-ray Disc player, the DMP-BD50, will carry a manufacturers suggested retail price of $699.95 USD. The Panasonic DMP-BD50 will be the first standalone BD-Live Blu-ray player to be released on the market, and joins the Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3) as yet another option for those looking to experience the complete Blu-ray package. In addition to displaying the very highest quality of Blu-ray images at 1080p24, the player will also include internal decoders for the Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio lossless audio codecs, ensuring that regardless of your receiver's decoding capabilities, you will be able to experience the highest quality of audio as well.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=1270
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #2
wes
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 714
Default Re: Panasonic Announces Pricing for DMP-BD50 $699 MSRP

$700 get a PS3 and you are much better off!! Sony will ship the redesign PS3 for the Holidays or sooner
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #3
Super Member
 
kennyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,422
Default Re: Panasonic Announces Pricing for DMP-BD50 $699 MSRP

I don't know wes, I have a PS3, and it's a good gaming system (look at Rachet and CLank Future if you don't believe me!) but it is only a mediocer Blu-ray player, add to this many people can avoid buying a new receiver or pre/pro thanks to the internal decoding in the new Pannie unit and the price doesn't seem so bad.

I know, Blu-ray players should be <$300, even better less than $200, but it isn't there yet. Hopefully it will be before downloads crush them.....
__________________
Ken Taraszka, MD
Associate Editor
HomeTheaterReview
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #4
Super Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 140
Default Re: Panasonic Announces Pricing for DMP-BD50 $699 MSRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I don't know wes, I have a PS3, and it's a good gaming system (look at Rachet and CLank Future if you don't believe me!) but it is only a mediocer Blu-ray player, add to this many people can avoid buying a new receiver or pre/pro thanks to the internal decoding in the new Pannie unit and the price doesn't seem so bad.

I know, Blu-ray players should be <$300, even better less than $200, but it isn't there yet. Hopefully it will be before downloads crush them.....
Kenny,
I agree and it's amazing how many people believe the PS3 is so great.

I feel I'm doing myself a disservice by not waiting to see what Oppo offers. Their track record indicates more bang for the buck. They appear to be less greedy than the big boys.
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #5
wes
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 714
Cool Re: Panasonic Announces Pricing for DMP-BD50 $699 MSRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by i30krab View Post
Kenny,
I agree and it's amazing how many people believe the PS3 is so great. I feel I'm doing myself a disservice by not waiting to see what Oppo offers. Their track record indicates more bang for the buck. They appear to be less greedy than the big boys.
OPPO RULES 2009 they will release the king of the hill Blu Ray player until then I will continue using my $399 PS3
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #6
Super Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 140
Default Re: Panasonic Announces Pricing for DMP-BD50 $699 MSRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
OPPO RULES 2009 they will release the king of the hill Blu Ray player until then I will continue using my $399 PS3
Hey my friend, if you got it flaunt it! LOL
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Tags
audio, bdp, bdp50, bdps550, bluray, dmp699, dmpbd50, dvd, msrp, panasonic, s550, series, sony, upnp, wwwpanasonicbdp50com

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Panasonic Plasmas gaffman Plasma and LCD HDTV 16 04-24-2009 06:59 AM
Meter Starts To Tick On Internet Access Pricing Ken S Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes 0 06-10-2008 02:09 PM
Panasonic Introduces Next-Generation Blu-ray Disc Player, the DMP-BD30 AVRevForum.com Blu-ray Players 17 12-09-2007 05:18 PM
Panasonic PT52LCX15 JEnx Rear Projection HDTV 1 08-06-2007 01:00 PM
Special pricing on DVD-Audio and SACD discs from the UK JerryDelColliano Special Offers From Retailers 0 07-10-2007 12:42 PM




SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1