Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blu-ray Players (http://www.avrev.com/forum/blu-ray-players-24/)
-   -   Panasonic Announces Pricing for DMP-BD50 $699 MSRP (http://www.avrev.com/forum/blu-ray-players/1906-panasonic-announces-pricing-dmp-bd50-699-msrp.html)

rex 05-06-2008 08:11 AM

Panasonic Announces Pricing for DMP-BD50 $699 MSRP
 
Panasonic has revealed that their upcoming BD-Live (Profile v2.0) Blu-ray Disc player, the DMP-BD50, will carry a manufacturers suggested retail price of $699.95 USD. The Panasonic DMP-BD50 will be the first standalone BD-Live Blu-ray player to be released on the market, and joins the Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3) as yet another option for those looking to experience the complete Blu-ray package. In addition to displaying the very highest quality of Blu-ray images at 1080p24, the player will also include internal decoders for the Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio lossless audio codecs, ensuring that regardless of your receiver's decoding capabilities, you will be able to experience the highest quality of audio as well.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=1270

wes 05-06-2008 09:54 AM

Re: Panasonic Announces Pricing for DMP-BD50 $699 MSRP
 
$700 get a PS3 and you are much better off!! Sony will ship the redesign PS3 for the Holidays or sooner

kennyt 05-06-2008 12:09 PM

Re: Panasonic Announces Pricing for DMP-BD50 $699 MSRP
 
I don't know wes, I have a PS3, and it's a good gaming system (look at Rachet and CLank Future if you don't believe me!) but it is only a mediocer Blu-ray player, add to this many people can avoid buying a new receiver or pre/pro thanks to the internal decoding in the new Pannie unit and the price doesn't seem so bad.

I know, Blu-ray players should be <$300, even better less than $200, but it isn't there yet. Hopefully it will be before downloads crush them.....

i30krab 05-06-2008 01:45 PM

Re: Panasonic Announces Pricing for DMP-BD50 $699 MSRP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kennyt (Post 14641)
I don't know wes, I have a PS3, and it's a good gaming system (look at Rachet and CLank Future if you don't believe me!) but it is only a mediocer Blu-ray player, add to this many people can avoid buying a new receiver or pre/pro thanks to the internal decoding in the new Pannie unit and the price doesn't seem so bad.

I know, Blu-ray players should be <$300, even better less than $200, but it isn't there yet. Hopefully it will be before downloads crush them.....

Kenny,
I agree and it's amazing how many people believe the PS3 is so great.

I feel I'm doing myself a disservice by not waiting to see what Oppo offers. Their track record indicates more bang for the buck. They appear to be less greedy than the big boys.

wes 05-06-2008 02:00 PM

Re: Panasonic Announces Pricing for DMP-BD50 $699 MSRP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by i30krab (Post 14646)
Kenny,
I agree and it's amazing how many people believe the PS3 is so great. I feel I'm doing myself a disservice by not waiting to see what Oppo offers. Their track record indicates more bang for the buck. They appear to be less greedy than the big boys.

OPPO RULES 2009 they will release the king of the hill Blu Ray player until then I will continue using my $399 PS3

i30krab 05-06-2008 02:03 PM

Re: Panasonic Announces Pricing for DMP-BD50 $699 MSRP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wes (Post 14650)
OPPO RULES 2009 they will release the king of the hill Blu Ray player until then I will continue using my $399 PS3

Hey my friend, if you got it flaunt it! LOL


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:23 AM.


1996-2008 AVRev.com | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use


SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1