Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 05-21-2008   #25

Default Re: Blu-ray player sales are falling!

The other issue is that unlike HD-DVD (RIP), Blu-ray has not included any way to play current software in standard DVD players. A lot of us Xphiles forget that when we want to buy movies, we might want to watch them in the car, on our laptop, or other portable players. It was nice when HD-DVD included the original DVD format on one side for that reason.
bad_fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #26
wes

Cool Re: Blu-ray player sales are falling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstarr View Post
The fact that stand alone Blu Ray player sales are slow is hardly suprising. I'm sure during late 2008 through 2009 there will be a ton of competition with Blu Ray players being sold from just under $200 to $3,000---excuse me, the Goldmund at $17,000:-) Now the OPPO 983HD is considered to be among the top 3 or 4 universal players at $399. Greg
Oppo will release a high quality Blu Ray player in 2009 and take the market by storm.
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #27

Default Blu-ray to Apple TV

Separately, neither Apple TV nor Blu-ray players have excited consumers. People have been wary of the fight between Blu-ray and rival HD DVD players, worrying that they will end up owning the disk equivalent of a useless Betamax player. And Apple TV just didnít seem to have all that many useful things you could do with it.
Blu-ray to Apple TV
ptwb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #28

Default Re: Blu-ray to Apple TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptwb123 View Post
Separately, neither Apple TV nor Blu-ray players have excited consumers. People have been wary of the fight between Blu-ray and rival HD DVD players, worrying that they will end up owning the disk equivalent of a useless Betamax player. And Apple TV just didnít seem to have all that many useful things you could do with it.
Blu-ray to Apple TV
I'm not sure why you are picking on ATV? The marketing dollars spend in the last week by Blu-ray proponents easily trumps the marketing budget spent on ATV since inception. If the consumers new how easy it is to use ATV and how upgrade are done so easily more excitement about it would exist.
The reason Blu-ray is barely afloat right now is quite simple..... People don't have the cash to layout $29.99 for a movie.
The turn around time from dvd release to hbo/cinemax release has shortened to 90 - 120 days.
Another problem facing the Blu is that upscaling looks pretty good through a $40-70 DVD player and only the Videophiles really care.
I have seen a $99.00 Blu-ray player @ Walmart on and end cap for 2 months! If you roll back the clock 2 years and had that situation riots to get hands on the box would breakout immediately....Not today.
To the Victor goes the spoils ..... Not today.
filterxpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010   #29

Can anyone recommend an affordable yet good BluRay, I have no experince with it and I would like to buy one
peter.fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter.fox View Post
Can anyone recommend an affordable yet good BluRay, I have no experince with it and I would like to buy one
It's still hard to beat the PS3 as a Blu-Ray player, great audio & video + firmware updates means it's future proof.

The main drawback is lack of IR remote, you either use the game controller (not great), buy the $35 add on Bluetooth remote (much better) or if you have a Harmony remote get the $50 Bluetooth adapter.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2008, apple, audio, bitstream, blu, bluray, falling, inurlforum, manufacturer, numbers, player, players, ray, sales, true, tv