Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 05-01-2008   #7

Default Re: Blu-ray player sales are falling!

The price drops are good for everyone. That really needed to happen. Especially with what the HD DVD players were selling for, right before their demise.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #8

Smile Re: Blu-ray player sales are falling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
While I must agree that Blu-ray kind of screwed themselves with all the version changes, I really don't think you really need a 2.0 player.

Sure, you'll have the internet connectivity, and maybe more extras, but all I want, and most every one I know too, is a great picture and ease of use. Neither me nor my friends watch the 'extras' on discs, we watch the movie and pop it out, so I don't care if my player does anything but put out a great picture and bitstream for all the audio codecs.
See Kenny,
I said I was waiting until next year for a bluray player because with my new modified Oppo 983 I'm very happy and I know I'm not missing anything. I can just imagine chasing around looking for a movie I want on BR and getting PO'd
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #9

This is Really no surprise to me. Sony has done nothing to meet the consumers that already selected HD DVD.
I for one am considering competing technologies which can be updated within minutes.
Apple TV for one has tremendous potential for upgradeability every-time you get a new movie. They are talking about 1080P support and maybe even 1440i(14.4) when the Video Displays are capable of presenting in that format.
So after getting burned by the Movie studios and Sony making no clear transition path to BluRay technologies Movie downloads are a real alternative on devices costing less than standalone players from Sony and the bunch of supporters.

By the way I have seen plenty of the 300 and panasonic players at the Best Buy and Circuit City so supply isn't a real issue at this point.

Read the post about Apple's deal to get releases the same day as DVDs!

Last edited by filterxpert; 05-01-2008 at 10:03 PM..
filterxpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #10
wes

Cool Re: Blu-ray player sales are falling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by filterxpert View Post
This is Really no surprise to me. Sony has done nothing to meet the consumers that already selected HD DVD.
Greed is what drives Sony!

Quote:
Apple TV for one has tremendous potential for upgradeability every-time you get a new movie. They are talking about 1080P support and maybe even 1440i(14.4) when the Video Displays are capable of presenting in that format.
YES Apple 1080p will kill blu ray

Quote:
By the way I have seen plenty of the 300 and panasonic players at the Best Buy and Circuit City so supply isn't a real issue at this point.
I agree you can find plenty of those

Quote:
Read the post about Apple's deal to get releases the same day as DVDs!
Beautiful long live Apple now they need high quality sound to go with that!
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #11

Thank you Wes for your feedback.
I also have heard good things about the VUDU.
http://www.vudu.com/
Basically same as apple TV, 1080P capable and only $295
the advertise instant movie playback if you have a 4mb connection.
I tested mine and passed.
The device is not wireless so it needs ethernet connectivity.
I think Sony better speed up the $200 player launch or Download tech devices might put BLURAY Down in the dirt.
filterxpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #12
wes

Cool Re: Blu-ray player sales are falling!

Quote:
Thank you Wes for your feedback. I think Sony better speed up the $200 player launch or Download tech devices might put BLURAY Down in the dirt.
You are welcome, I think Blu Ray manufacturer will drop the prices soon, the question is when will the Studio do the same?

I saw iRobot on DVD for $10 at Costco $27 for Blu Ray!!!
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2008, apple, audio, bitstream, blu, bluray, falling, inurlforum, manufacturer, numbers, player, players, ray, sales, true, tv