Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 04-11-2008   #7

Question DTS HD great but what about Dolby TRUE-HD

This sounds great but when will it have Dolby Tru_HD-my favorite. It says it on the box but Sony says it is not equipped to decode. Does anyone know the truth? Does it have the TRUE HD codec and if so how is it processed>>>>
melcuemba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008   #8

Default Re: DTS HD great but what about Dolby TRUE-HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by melcuemba View Post
This sounds great but when will it have Dolby Tru_HD-my favorite. It says it on the box but Sony says it is not equipped to decode. Does anyone know the truth? Does it have the TRUE HD codec and if so how is it processed>>>>
It does decode True HD now, it sends it as PCM so it shows on my receiver as Multichannel in.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008   #9

Red face Re: PS3 getting DTS-HD-MA Confirmed

ok, i wonder if DTSHD-MA will do the same. I also have the sony BDP S500 but it shows dolby True HD in the display of my DENON 4308. I wonder why the PS3 sendsit out as PCM (multi-channel). What mechnism limits its ability to allow it to be displayed like the BDP S500. I rather see what I am getting even though i can hear it!!!
Old 04-11-2008   #10

Default Re: PS3 getting DTS-HD-MA Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by melcuemba View Post
ok, i wonder if DTSHD-MA will do the same. I also have the sony BDP S500 but it shows dolby True HD in the display of my DENON 4308. I wonder why the PS3 sendsit out as PCM (multi-channel). What mechnism limits its ability to allow it to be displayed like the BDP S500. I rather see what I am getting even though i can hear it!!!
From what I understand it's a hardware limitation that keeps the PS3 from bitstreaming the advance codecs so I expect that DTS-HD-MA will show as multi channel in also.

Nevertheless updates like this keep the PS3 in the Blu-Ray game, it might not be the best looking or best sounding Blu-Ray player but it is the most future proof & is proving to be a good value in the long run!

I'll be waiting for the Profile 2.0 players to hit the market before replacing my PS3 as my primary Blu-Ray player.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008   #11

Question Re: PS3 getting DTS-HD-MA Confirmed

I guess your right!! I have the PS3 as my gaming device now but will use for dts_HDMA. THE BDP S500 is awesome but does DTS core only. My Toshiba A35 displays everything as multi-channel.

Am waiting for 2.0 as well and then will move S500 to family room with pioneer elite and leave PS3 with the new player in dedicated theatre-will new players also have wifi! if not I will wait for next generation. without wifi they are garbage to me at this point. this is what makes PS 3 awesome.
Old 04-11-2008   #12
wes

Cool Re: PS3 getting DTS-HD-MA Confirmed

I agree I bought a Panasonic DMP-BD30 but returned it as I would rather wait for player that offer profile 2.0 and have all new codec decoding capability, I was looking at the Denon Blu Ray but they are obsolete out of the gate as they are not profile 2.0 compatible! And for $2000 it is ridiculous!!
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
550, audio, bdp, bdp500, cd, dts, end, firmware, high, highest, master, ps3, quality, sony, video