Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 07-08-2007   #13

Default Re: Sony Ships New BDP-S300 Blu-ray Player

Dabbling for us is key to the long term success of HD disc and top level HD cotent.

Respectfully, when the likes of CNET say "wait and see" they basically open the door for those selling more conveniant yet lower resolution formats (think Apple). With the success of the iPod - consumers are easily tricked into this.

As crazy as it sounds Hollywood and the home theater industry NEED us to work with them to make content protection work in home theater systems.
Old 07-08-2007   #14

HTJunky, Jerry knows that I qgree with you, in that we need one format.

However, I do agree with you Jerry that Hollywood and the Home Theater Industry need us. Now, how in the heck, do we do that?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #15

There's no reason for mainstream players not to play both. What we've got is a couple of big companies trying to own the entire market rather than promoting thier own while embracing both. It's frustrating.
CrappyGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #16

CrappyGame, yes sir, I agree. And with the Home Theater segment seeing interest like never before, would it not be great for the AV or high end industry to take advantage of their expertise and know how, and bring other consumers in.

But......................
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007   #17

I have purchased the Sony BDP-S301 (same as S300 w/ HDMI cable & sold in warehouse stores). I replaced a $1000 Sony DVD/SACD player. Well...the picture is tremendous, even on regular dvd's, but I cannot get the optical audio out to work with my old Sony TAE-2000ESD pre-amp. It should be sending a mixed down 2-channel PCM audio stream to the pre-amp, but the pre-amp is totally mute, so something is not right. Is there something I need to be aware of to be sure the Blu-Ray player is sending the right type of audio PCM stream? Any help is appreciated as otherwise this player is a keeper. BTW, it takes about a minute to load a disc ready for playing. I know this is tons faster than the first generation BD players, but it still seems too long. Still, the picture is soooo good that I can live with the loading time.
AudioFileZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioFileZ View Post
I have purchased the Sony BDP-S301 (same as S300 w/ HDMI cable & sold in warehouse stores). I replaced a $1000 Sony DVD/SACD player. Well...the picture is tremendous, even on regular dvd's, but I cannot get the optical audio out to work with my old Sony TAE-2000ESD pre-amp. It should be sending a mixed down 2-channel PCM audio stream to the pre-amp, but the pre-amp is totally mute, so something is not right. Is there something I need to be aware of to be sure the Blu-Ray player is sending the right type of audio PCM stream? Any help is appreciated as otherwise this player is a keeper. BTW, it takes about a minute to load a disc ready for playing. I know this is tons faster than the first generation BD players, but it still seems too long. Still, the picture is soooo good that I can live with the loading time.
peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
bd, bdp, bdp5000, bdps300, blu, digital, formats, live, problems, ray, rear, s300, samsung, sony, sound, video, view