Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 03-24-2008   #1

Default Denon DVD-3800BDCI

Now that Denon is, after multiple delays, shipping both their BluRay player and transport, does anyone have any experience with the DVD-3800BDCI?
ChiefTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #2

Default Re: Denon DVD-3800BDCI

Check out the threads on the avs forum, you can read for hours if your eyes don't glaze over. I'm not schooled in electronics and most of the posts describing benefits and deficiencies are outside my understanding but I do think this player was introduced too soon and There are many unhappy campers. For a $2000.00 price tag too many non technically skilled people are having too many problems.

Just my opinion!

PS, I hope I didn't violate our forum rules by directing to another forum. At least I haven't posted a full size cover picture of their magazine. (just kidding)
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefTK View Post
Now that Denon is, after multiple delays, shipping both their BluRay player and transport, does anyone have any experience with the DVD-3800BDCI?
I have one on order that should be here in the next few days. I have actually read some good things about it. It will decode both lossless codecs (DTS-HD MA & Dolby TruHD) internally and output via MCPCM which is what I need. Right now, the new LG BH200 F/W update made the BH200 capable of sending the lossless codecs out via bit-stream, but the LG BH200 still does not decode them.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
I have one on order that should be here in the next few days. I have actually read some good things about it. It will decode both lossless codecs (DTS-HD MA & Dolby TruHD) internally and output via MCPCM which is what I need. Right now, the new LG BH200 F/W update made the BH200 capable of sending the lossless codecs out via bit-stream, but the LG BH200 still does not decode them.
I would be very interested to get your opinion about the Denon after you receive it.

In addition to its video processing, I am interested in its ability to output the lossless codecs via analog connection whereby I can pass it through my Lexicon MC 12. I don't know of any other BluRay player that can do this for all codecs, including DTS-MA.

I suppose I should simply get a pre/pro with HDMI capabilities.

Last edited by ChiefTK; 03-24-2008 at 05:35 PM..
ChiefTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefTK View Post
I would be very interested to get your opinion about the Denon after you receive it.

In addition to its viideo processing, I am interested in its ability to output the lossless codecs via analog connection whereby I can pass it through my Lexicon MC 12. I don't know of any other BluRay player that can do this for all codecs, including DTS-MA.

I suppose I should simply get a pre/pro with HDMI icapabilities.
Since I have capabilities for both analog and HDMI, I will probably go ahead and hook-up the analog just to hear the difference between HDMI and analog for multi-channel sound.

Do you know if Lexicon has any ideas for updating your pre/pro w/ a HDMI card in the future?
I know in the past they used to be good about helping out owners w/ technology updates.

I have been thinking about getting the Integra 9.8, to replace my yamaha in the bedroom. It has a lot of similar capabilities of my Halcro SSP-200, and it costs much less.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #6

Thumbs up Re: Denon DVD-3800BDCI

That sounds like a good move. The integra DTC 9.8 is a excellent unit, and the price is very reasonable as well.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
3800bdci, adjustments, audio, calibration, card, denon, dvd3800bdci, forum, hdmi, price, setup, tag, update, video, viideo