Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blu-ray Players (http://www.avrev.com/forum/blu-ray-players-24/)
-   -   Denon DVD-3800BDCI (http://www.avrev.com/forum/blu-ray-players/1750-denon-dvd-3800bdci.html)

ChiefTK 03-24-2008 10:11 AM

Denon DVD-3800BDCI

Now that Denon is, after multiple delays, shipping both their BluRay player and transport, does anyone have any experience with the DVD-3800BDCI?

i30krab 03-24-2008 11:19 AM

Re: Denon DVD-3800BDCI

Check out the threads on the avs forum, you can read for hours if your eyes don't glaze over. I'm not schooled in electronics and most of the posts describing benefits and deficiencies are outside my understanding but I do think this player was introduced too soon and There are many unhappy campers. For a $2000.00 price tag too many non technically skilled people are having too many problems.

Just my opinion!

PS, I hope I didn't violate our forum rules by directing to another forum. At least I haven't posted a full size cover picture of their magazine. (just kidding)

rlpiii 03-24-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefTK (Post 13145)
Now that Denon is, after multiple delays, shipping both their BluRay player and transport, does anyone have any experience with the DVD-3800BDCI?

I have one on order that should be here in the next few days. I have actually read some good things about it. It will decode both lossless codecs (DTS-HD MA & Dolby TruHD) internally and output via MCPCM which is what I need. Right now, the new LG BH200 F/W update made the BH200 capable of sending the lossless codecs out via bit-stream, but the LG BH200 still does not decode them.

ChiefTK 03-24-2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlpiii (Post 13148)
I have one on order that should be here in the next few days. I have actually read some good things about it. It will decode both lossless codecs (DTS-HD MA & Dolby TruHD) internally and output via MCPCM which is what I need. Right now, the new LG BH200 F/W update made the BH200 capable of sending the lossless codecs out via bit-stream, but the LG BH200 still does not decode them.

I would be very interested to get your opinion about the Denon after you receive it.

In addition to its video processing, I am interested in its ability to output the lossless codecs via analog connection whereby I can pass it through my Lexicon MC 12. I don't know of any other BluRay player that can do this for all codecs, including DTS-MA.

I suppose I should simply get a pre/pro with HDMI capabilities.

rlpiii 03-24-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefTK (Post 13162)
I would be very interested to get your opinion about the Denon after you receive it.

In addition to its viideo processing, I am interested in its ability to output the lossless codecs via analog connection whereby I can pass it through my Lexicon MC 12. I don't know of any other BluRay player that can do this for all codecs, including DTS-MA.

I suppose I should simply get a pre/pro with HDMI icapabilities.

Since I have capabilities for both analog and HDMI, I will probably go ahead and hook-up the analog just to hear the difference between HDMI and analog for multi-channel sound.

Do you know if Lexicon has any ideas for updating your pre/pro w/ a HDMI card in the future?
I know in the past they used to be good about helping out owners w/ technology updates.

I have been thinking about getting the Integra 9.8, to replace my yamaha in the bedroom. It has a lot of similar capabilities of my Halcro SSP-200, and it costs much less.

deacongreg 03-24-2008 06:27 PM

That sounds like a good move. The integra DTC 9.8 is a excellent unit, and the price is very reasonable as well.