Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 07-17-2007   #13

Default Re: Samsung BD-P1200

Trial and error, when the player was plugged directly to the TV it worked fine, when it went through just the switcher, also worked fine, the signal amp somehow messed with it. Ironically if I switch the HDMI output option, it goes back to working fine WITH the signal amp in line but it's a PITA.

As far as getting it fixed.... well, it really isn't broken, if I want to pull the signal amp or run it directly to my TV, either would solve the issue simply, but as I get some real benefits from the signal amp, I will deal with resetting the HDMI output for now and likely put it into the bedroom system where it works fine (no signal amp in that one!)
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007   #14

OK, after some time with this player I must say, it has some minor quirks, as I noted above, but the video is awesome! I have demo'd Pirate of the Caribbean DMC in both SD and Blu-ray for several friends, and they are or have bought this player based on that demo.

Many of these were die hard 'wait for the war to be over' folks as well!
Old 08-31-2007   #15

Not being able to play DVD+R's is a real setback and unforgivable for a player at this price point.

Otherwise, I would have bought one already.
westcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #16

I guess the biggest let down of this player for me is Samsung releasing a newer one in under three months and adding in the advanced audio decoding....

I heard a rumor they were short the chips they originally designed this player to use and released it with an older chipset, the 1400/2400 are supposedly made with the chips intended for the 1200 and why they are released so quickly afterwards. If this is true, shame on Samsung! That's pretty lame marketing!
Sponsored Links

Tags
bdp, doolittle, firmware, jim, joe, kane, modelkds70xbr2, monitor, projection, rear, require, samsung, sony, tv, update