Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 03-07-2008   #61

Default Re: Oppo to build Blu-Ray player

welcome oppo blu ray disc player,this company has so many products with very good feature,parts and reliable sound and video.
luisranger2bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #62

I would imagine that the Oppo BD player would also be a state-of-the-art DVD upconverter. Hopefully with some DVD featues like "4x3 lbx->anamorphic conversion" etc. that many current HD DVD/BD players don't provide with DVD. Would also like to see upconversion for standard-def content on Blu-ray Disc (SD bonus material)... it's pretty lame to get upconversion for SD DVDs but to then drop down to 480i/p when a Blu-ray Disc ports over SD content for bonus material.
DaViD Boulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #63

you all right,but i think the oppo blu ray player is the solution to combating the price on other bd player on the market with a good sound and def imagine,however i think the oppo could created a firmware to resolved or add more features.

Last edited by luisranger2bn; 03-08-2008 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: david boulet
luisranger2bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008   #64

We have three Oppo components, each terrific and unbelievably inexpensive for the functionality and performance we get.

At every stage of the retail process, sales, shipping, packaging, performance, functionality and customer support, Oppo Digital is one of the finest companies we have ever dealt with. We have to assume their future products will be similarly excellent.

Without the ability of our Oppo Digital 980H to play all standard video, and ALL audio formats via digital bitstream HDMI, our system could not function as effectively as it does. Our goal was to have a completely HDMI version 1.3 compliant system connection, and we have that now with the help of Oppo Digital, even more helped by their terrific and absurdly (low) priced HDMI cables. We do not miss our former nest of analog interconnects and cables at all.

Oppo Digital rocks.

Last edited by Happy Camper; 03-14-2008 at 07:54 AM..
Happy Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008   #65
rex

Default Re: Oppo Digital rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post
We have three Oppo components, each terrific and unbelievably inexpensive for the functionality and performance we get.

At every stage of the retail process, sales, shipping, packaging, performance, functionality and customer support, Oppo Digital is one of the finest companies we have ever dealt with. We have to assume their future products will be similarly excellent...

Oppo Digital rocks.
Indeed, it is quite remarkable that a small U.S. company (parent company BBK electronics is Chinese) can so consistently produce superior products at better prices than the big boys. No other company has won more top awards including many "Product of the Year"s from Sound and Vision, Perfect Vision, etc. for AFFORDABLE products. Here is a list of a few: http://www.oppodigital.com/press/default.asp
Their products routinely outperform "high-end" products costing many times more. It is no wonder they have such a devoted (albeit small) following.
Why then do national retailers not carry this brand?
Perhaps because their pricing doesn't provide attractive margins?
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008   #66

Question Re: Oppo to build Blu-Ray player

Will this Blue Ray player by OPPO also play all regular DVD'S and upscale them like their regular DVD players.Will they also include the Universal playing capability of all regions as well as have the PAL to NTSC processor converter,or whatever it is called.I wonder if they will ever issue a DVD recorder as well.
xsavoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
blu, blue, blueray, bluray, conrad, digital, dvd, johnson, make, meridian, oppo, pal, player, ray, released