Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 03-03-2008   #55

Default Re: Oppo to build Blu-Ray player

DaViD and Lotus,

Will both of you please drop this pointless argument and move on.

DaViD, I have actively followed this post, and I can see where Lotus got the perception he did from your statement which honestly was worded to say all Blu-ray or HD DVD players will look identical as they only use digital via HDMI, which I think we all can agree on is categorically FALSE, you have reiterated your point of digital feed countless times, so much so you must be sick of typing out this point, so please stop doing it any further.

Lotus, you are not innocent in the perpetuation of this argument either. You both are arguing like pre-teens and this needs to stop immediately or this thread will be pulled.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
prerich,

cool about the HTPC. Before I got my oppo I was seriously considering that myself.

Question: do any of the new HTPC solutions for HD DVD/BD provided decoding for lossless audio? Are there boards with HDMI 1.3 outputs for delivery of AV to display/receiver for those who don't/can't go VGA?
Verified this weekend - TrueHD over analog out at 1744kbps with the new Justice League Movie on Bluray. I'm almost finished with all of my testing. I also bought the full version of Acrsoft TotalMedia this weekend - It's very promising and version .109 is on the way (it will fix problems with 3:10 Yuma and Ratatoullie). What may blow both of these out of the water is WinDVD 9 Plus - I'm trying to get a trial version from some corporate friends at Corel or the Japanesse version. If this is everything that they say its going to be and works??? It may revolutionalize HTPC altogether! HTPC is advancing at a blistering rate and its hard to keep up! The new 9600 geforces are now out (capable of sound over HDMI if I'm not mistaken). They have also made improvements to PureVideo HD (I think these apply to the 9 series GPU's). It will naturally imporve flesh tones and such as to make them more life like (green blue adjustment). It's starting to get very exciting.
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Lotus, you are not innocent in the perpetuation of this argument either. You both are arguing like pre-teens and this needs to stop immediately or this thread will be pulled.
So let me make sure I get this right. You saw exactly what I saw. I continue to call him out on his "Revisionist History," attitude about his postings and I'm at fault. Sorry for trying to make the guy admit he was wrong.

You're right though it has nothing to do with Oppo producing a BD player. I am looking forward to that unit.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #58

Cool Re: Oppo to build Blu-Ray player

Lotus,

All of this mess with you, David Boulet, and a few others make me question WHY you signed up on the forum in the first place. I tried to appeal to you about how and why Jerry came to doing this. Then appealed to you about how other members might feel about this.

And yet, you guys continue to trash talk and do absolutely what the rules, policies and procedures say not to do. If you guys need to get things off your chest because of issues going on in your life, the forum is not the place to do it.

You guys are lucky, because if it were me...................................... .......
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Lotus,

All of this mess with you, David Boulet, and a few others make me question WHY you signed up on the forum in the first place. I tried to appeal to you about how and why Jerry came to doing this. Then appealed to you about how other members might feel about this.

And yet, you guys continue to trash talk and do absolutely what the rules, policies and procedures say not to do. If you guys need to get things off your chest because of issues going on in your life, the forum is not the place to do it.

You guys are lucky, because if it were me...................................... .......
Greg,

How was I breaking rules? I didn't call DaViD names. Kenny saw the exact same thing I did:

DaViD posted with the idea being that because the PS3 used an HDMI interface there was no real difference in PQ and SQ like there would be if it was an Analog connection.

Then DaViD starts denying that was even what he was saying.

I did nothing to break rules. I have however decided not to post here anymore. That should help you out a lot.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I did nothing to break rules. I have however decided not to post here anymore. That should help you out a lot.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
blu, blue, blueray, bluray, conrad, digital, dvd, johnson, make, meridian, oppo, pal, player, ray, released