Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 02-16-2008   #13

Default Re: Samsung Sued Over Blu-ray Players That Won't Play All Discs

GOOD!

I am normally opposed to people trying to sue over idiotic things and NORMALLY I would put this in that catagory (one should expect problems with first gen NEW FORMAT electronics)

HOWEVER, the company should make things right. I have first hand experience with samsungs "no customer service", as Clark Howard calls it, and MY experience comes as a Dealer, trying to get my customer's equipment fixed and / or parts and service information.

They are one of, if not the worst in the business and deserve this lawsuit.

It FRIES me to see them as the preferred brand of choice by the NFL and others!!!

I NEVER recommend Samsung to anyone and it is a shame as some of their product really do perform well.

But, to be fair, a lot of companies are getting that way.

The CE industry is FUBAR and is harder then ever for a small independent dealer like myself ( who have built this industry) to make a living. Most companies won't even give you the time of day as a dealer, unless you are a key player at Best Buy or Wal MArt or other "big box' outlet.

Audio and Video gear is just a commodity to make a buck as opposed to an art and a craft like in the days I and many here grew up with.
david727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008   #14

Angry Re: Samsung Sued Over Blu-ray Players That Won't Play All Discs

This lawsuit has no chance, Samsung warranty says: "SAMSUNG does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the product" Warranty is basically useless. My BD-P1400 (with latest firmware) cannot play smooth video on any disc without motion glitches. Unfortunate that what has become the "defacto" standard has the MOST operational issues. Samsung should be ashamed to release a product with such a meaningless warranty policy. Warranty that poor should be in BOLD lettering all over the box!
hhiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhiggins View Post
This lawsuit has no chance, Samsung warranty says: "SAMSUNG does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the product" Warranty is basically useless. My BD-P1400 (with latest firmware) cannot play smooth video on any disc without motion glitches. Unfortunate that what has become the "defacto" standard has the MOST operational issues. Samsung should be ashamed to release a product with such a meaningless warranty policy. Warranty that poor should be in BOLD lettering all over the box!
This is sad I feel for you greatly. I just uninstalled the PowerDVD Ultra profile 1.1 patch - Wouldn't let me play Ratatouille anymore. Installed the prior version and all is well again.
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008   #16

Maybe if this gets major exposure, that the mainstream consumer hears about this, or a few of them took the plunge to buy this player, then you will see Samsung run to make good on their player.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #17

I own a Samsung BDP-1200, and have had nothing but problems with disc playback. I have kept my firmware updated everytime an update came out. the latest one that came out Feb.5th is on my player and that fixed the playback issue on Pirates "3". Now the new release of "across the universe" will not play. It is awful to go buy a new release and not have it play and have to wait months for an update to be able to play the movie. (I also own an HD-dvd player. Never have had a single HD movie not play.)

Where is this law-suit? I would like to see about joining.
weavercr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #18

I musy have been lucky, all my Samsung players (I owned the BDP-1000 and still have the BDP-1200 have played every disc I ever put in them, some did require firmware updates, but I haven't even done one of those in months and they 1200 still plays everything fine.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
blu, blue, bluray, discs, disks, load, menus, play, player, plays, ray, samsung, samung, slow, software, sued, times, wont