Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 01-22-2008   #25

Default Re: PS3 Conspiracy theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Well Google Xbox live outages & you get 269,000 hits, including a lawsuit about a 2 week outage over Xmas break!! LOL!!
I play my PS3 online all the time with driving games over a wireless router with no lags & no outages.
Once Home is rolled out you will have all kinds of new features on the PSN.

But Xbox live is defiantly worth the $5 a month.
MS had issues for NEW members around Christmas. They all got a free game off Live.

I've never had problems. I have played many games on both platforms on-line. LIVE is easily the best service for game play on-line.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
MS had issues for NEW members around Christmas. They all got a free game off Live.

I've never had problems. I have played many games on both platforms on-line. LIVE is easily the best service for game play on-line.
Well I know people who were NOT new members & couldn't get online either.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008   #27

Quote:
Well I know people who were NOT new members & couldn't get online either.
I don't think they were prepared for the 2M new users they got.

They fixed the problem and gave the people $20 worth of free downloads.

That's not a bad deal.
Old 01-23-2008   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
As for your continued thought that GT5 will sell "millions," of units... I don't think so. MGS4 could but not GT5.
I saw on Xplay last night that the biggest selling game on the PS3 this week was Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, a game that hasn't even been released in North America yet!!
When pre orders of a game make it the best seller that should tell you how popular it is!
I don't know how they collect their numbers, that may include Japan where GT5P has been out for about a month.
Old 01-24-2008   #29

Quote:
I saw on Xplay last night that the biggest selling game on the PS3 this week was Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, a game that hasn't even been released in North America yet!!
When pre orders of a game make it the best seller that should tell you how popular it is!
I don't know how they collect their numbers, that may include Japan where GT5P has been out for about a month.
Right but what is the best seller for the week? 20,000 copies? 10,000? We don't know so it's hard to really say how big that is.

I'm not dissing the games at all (I've owned every one) but I don't think it's a system seller like say Halo 3 was. It may sell some systems but I don't think it will sell millions like Halo3 is all.

I believe Halo 3 sold because of the mp side of it more than anything else. There were over 1.5M people playing online one weekend for instance. Does GT have that kind of online obsession?
Old 01-24-2008   #30

Quote:
Oh and New rumors all over about a $299 PS3 that could be coming sooner than expected.

Rumor: PS3 set to receive yet another price drop - $299

According to a few posters at 'SlickDeals' a website which specializes in reporting the latest prices of various electronics products, the PS3 is set to receive yet another price cut and will go down to as low as $299 on January 28th.

I figured a price drop was coming but I wasn't expecting it this soon!
Looks like some bloggers may have jumped the gun (Like that's never happened before!)
A BB out east had a managers special where the PS3 was $299 & came with 5 free Blu-Ray movies.
That was a limited time special & people thought they broke the date & there was a price drop.

I still think there will be a price drop to $299 but not until around next Christmas.
Sponsored Links

Tags
bd, blu, conspiracy, dvd, folding, foldinghome, forum, home, margin, melt, player, playstation, profit, ps3, ray, theory