Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2008   #19
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 298
Default Re: Looking For Blu Ray player purchase advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
I still don't see the problem, Sony is in business to make money & they came up with a great plan, it's not like they are actively trying to destroy their competition like some companies have (Microsoft).
That's exactly what they remind me of...Microsoft. They're just learning how to do it.
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008   #20
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 298
Default Re: Looking For Blu Ray player purchase advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
I still don't see the problem, Sony is in business to make money & they came up with a great plan, it's not like they are actively trying to destroy their competition like some companies have (Microsoft).
It's very Microsoft-ish (if that's even a word). Get the format to where only your player will be 100% compliant - everybody (in this case the studios) writes software for your player (PS3)...get the picture that I'm seeing?
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008   #21
Super Member
 
TheMoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oklahoma (Go Sooners!!)
Posts: 1,243
Default Re: Looking For Blu Ray player purchase advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
It's very Microsoft-ish (if that's even a word). Get the format to where only your player will be 100% compliant - everybody (in this case the studios) writes software for your player (PS3)...get the picture that I'm seeing?
No I don't "get the picture that your seeing" because I'm not blinded by the red lenses you seem to be wearing!
Toshiba has the "Microsoft-ish" monopoly on players because no one else wanted to deal with the fire sale prices.
Blu-Ray has several manufactures building players & they can all build them to whatever specs they like.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008   #22
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 298
Default Re: Looking For Blu Ray player purchase advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
No I don't "get the picture that your seeing" because I'm not blinded by the red lenses you seem to be wearing!
Toshiba has the "Microsoft-ish" monopoly on players because no one else wanted to deal with the fire sale prices.
Blu-Ray has several manufactures building players & they can all build them to whatever specs they like.
Excuse me but you can't truly say that I'm wearing "red lenses" because I would be saying this even if HD-DVD was totally dead and gone (not just on life support - does that sound like a red fanboy?)

I'm saying that Sony wants PS3 to truly be the only BD player in town and build it's own monopoly in the image of Microsoft (Sony really needs the money and PS3 can give it to them.

In the PC world we have some open source rebels and thats what the other CE's will become - open source rebels - but Blu-ray will only dance perfectly with PS3. I love HD-DVD and Blu-ray - they are both terrific (as I state I own both formats and my favorite movies are Disney - Blu-ray only - I just wanted to get into the formats cheaply and my mission was accomplished that's another reason I built it around a PC - it takes a monopoly to know one, PDVD Ultra updates have solved all my BD viewing problems). I just feel sorry for everyone else that may get into Blu through a means other than PS3 and find that their hard spent (big blu) dollars will become obsolete - forcing you to buy a what???! PS3 - because it works. Monopoly - check-your move - its not mate...yet.

Its a business and believe it or not every business would like to have a "legal monopoly" it's the holy grail - one thing to rule them all! What would really drive Sony crazy would be a 325.00 upgraded Nintendo Wii with built in BD player! I'm not against Blu-ray and you can call my lenses purple or 3d if you please (one's blue the other is red). I just know a plot when I see one. I spent 12 years of my life performing Military analysis, looking at patterns - I did the same in Law Enforcement, I do the same thing now in the IT field. Patterns can be deceptive but lets just call it what it could be. I use qualifiers such as possible, probable, and is - and Sony's patterns fit the probable catagory.

Last edited by prerich; 01-15-2008 at 05:03 PM..
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008   #23
Super Member
 
TheMoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oklahoma (Go Sooners!!)
Posts: 1,243
Default Re: Looking For Blu Ray player purchase advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
I'm saying that Sony wants PS3 to truly be the only BD player in town and build it's own monopoly in the image of Microsoft (Sony really needs the money and PS3 can give it to them.
Wow, maybe you should put your aluminum foil hat back on & back away from the keyboard!
Sony does not have complete control over the Blu-Ray format, other companies can & will build players that will compete with all the Sony players.
Just because Sony had a good business plan with the PS3 & Blu-Ray doesn't mean they are trying to take over the CE world!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008   #24
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 298
Question Re: Looking For Blu Ray player purchase advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Wow, maybe you should put your aluminum foil hat back on & back away from the keyboard!
Sony does not have complete control over the Blu-Ray format, other companies can & will build players that will compete with all the Sony players.
Just because Sony had a good business plan with the PS3 & Blu-Ray doesn't mean they are trying to take over the CE world!
I have to give props where props are due...the foil comment was funny even if it was directed at me . But seriously, in this world of materialism - don't you think that Sony would like to have a sizeable control of the CE world?
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Tags
10ak, 761, advice, bdp95fd, blu, blue, blueray, music, nad, panasonic, pioneer, player, purchase, ray, system

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blu-Ray Player and DVD-A? cujo8 Blu-ray Players 3 03-30-2008 07:54 PM
What is the best Blu-ray player on the market right now? AVRevForum.com Blu-ray Players 35 02-19-2008 12:10 PM
Playstation 3 as Blu-Ray player. TheMoose Blu-ray Players 30 10-12-2007 10:13 AM
What CD player to buy - a reader needs advice... JerryDelColliano System Advice 3 08-30-2007 01:59 PM
Blu-ray To Offer Summer Promotion 5 Free Titles With Blu-ray Player Purchase AVRevForum.com Discuss AVRev.com News 5 07-07-2007 05:59 PM




SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1