Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 01-03-2008   #7

Default Re: Marantz to Debut New BD8002 Blu-ray Player at CES

While it is completely possible that both Denon and Marantz might share the same internal hardware. The two players will not have the same external chassis, nether player will look anything like the other. I am currently planning on purchasing the Denon DVD-2500 BTci but I may consider the Marantz if I decide to upgrade further to the Denon DVD-3800 BDci? Sounds like the Marantz would be a nice edition to my HT depending on finances this year?

My future upgrade configuration:
Denon AVR-3808ci 7.1 Receiver (Decided against Onkyo, Sony or Sherwood Newcastle)
Denon DVD-2500 BTCI Blu-ray (Purchase pending)
Toshiba HD-A35 HD-DVD Player ??? Unless Denon or Marantz build one soon ??

I did not see anything about if the Marantz would bitstream Dolby and DTS lossless to an external receiver. I would love to hear more about the Marantz Blu-ray player as soon as there is more information from CES available.

HD-DVD & Blu-ray Owner

DTS-HD Master Audio & Uncompressed PCM Supporter
Dave Moritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #8

Smile Re: Marantz to Debut New BD8002 Blu-ray Player at CES

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I find it funny that the entire High Def Disc market is fueled solely by LOW COST!Even an upper end guy like me is wary to buy something in the $2K range for these formats yet.....* I have been through several upgrades already, and suspect I will see several more before I stabilize, so even to me (yes Greg, even ME!) it seems somewhat out of range to drop $2K on a player I know I will likely have to dump a few months later for $500.I guess I am showing my battle scars from the format 'war'.* I am weary, tired and flat out over the battle.Both formats offer great video, audio we only previously could have dreamed of (as long as you have a receiver as no pre/pro's do the decoding yet, well one but you can't get it!) they just need to make themselves convenient and work like SD DVD players and for God's sake let's stop the damn format war!
The Integra 9.8 does output the latest DD or DTS upgraded sound.It does it real well !!!! Go to the Integra 9.8 thread and see all this great unit does for the great price it sells for.
voigtskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #9

voigtskins,

The Integra DTC 9.8 was the pre/pro I was referring to in that post.

Yes, it truly does everything you could want a pre/pro to do (6:2 HDMI switching with BOTH outputs able to be controlled independently! Add in all the audio codecs and this thing is a steal. I saw it @ CEDIA last year and immediate;y grabbed Andrew Robinson to show it to him, in my mind this is still the biggest thing to hit the market in years! For the price of $1,600 you could buy it and throw it away in a few years (you of course wouldn't need to do that but you see my point..)).

Now, go find one! I know AVRev.com's managing editor Andrew Robinson has one that he found retail, but any local dealers I've called are on eternal hold for delivery.

It's a huge shame as even in my bedroom system the difference between uncompressed 5.1 PCM (my latest receiver is only HDMI 1.2) and DD or DTS is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can not wait for the day when my Meridian 861 does these formats! I can't even begin to imagine how good it will sound through such a unit!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
voigtskins,

The Integra DTC 9.8 was the pre/pro I was referring to in that post.

Yes, it truly does everything you could want a pre/pro to do (6:2 HDMI switching with BOTH outputs able to be controlled independently! Add in all the audio codecs and this thing is a steal. I saw it @ CEDIA last year and immediate;y grabbed Andrew Robinson to show it to him, in my mind this is still the biggest thing to hit the market in years! For the price of $1,600 you could buy it and throw it away in a few years (you of course wouldn't need to do that but you see my point..)).

Now, go find one! I know AVRev.com's managing editor Andrew Robinson has one that he found retail, but any local dealers I've called are on eternal hold for delivery.

It's a huge shame as even in my bedroom system the difference between uncompressed 5.1 PCM (my latest receiver is only HDMI 1.2) and DD or DTS is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can not wait for the day when my Meridian 861 does these formats! I can't even begin to imagine how good it will sound through such a unit!
Kenny-t You are so right about the high end catching up.I sold a great Lexicon unit as they have not been Catching UP as of now.I have had Lexicon for 12 years and had been real happy with all their units.It was time to get with the NEW systems that use all the New sounds in 1080P and HDMI.I also just purchased a 6010FD Pioneer plasma with the Integra 9.8 and in Audio and Video heaven.I do not miss the Lexicon unit as the 9.8 is that good with video and audio.I will see in a few years if the big boys catch up!!!!
voigtskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #11

Yeah, right now if you can get an Integra DTC 9.8 it is worth it just to have the new audio formats NOW!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #12

Smile Re: Marantz to Debut New BD8002 Blu-ray Player at CES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I fully agree it's price point is prohibitive. I'm supposed to partake in a Denon representation of the new units compared with the other BD units so I can see the difference in quality next week.

It will be interesting to see. Obviously $2k is an expensive machine. It won't really have much to do with the war. Just as a Meridian HD DVD player would have little to do with the war.
Very true, very true. That is great that you will be part of the presentation. I look forward to hear from you what you thought.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2500, 3800, bd8002, bdci, blu, bluray, btci, denon, list, marantz, player, players, price, ray, setup