Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 12-20-2007   #1

Question Is the SAMSUNG BD 5000 the best of both worlds

I am looking to buy the samsung BDP 5000 both want one that has all the prpoer audio codecs and funtionality. Does this player really have it all?
melcuemba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007   #2

Default Re: Is the SAMSUNG BD 5000 the best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by melcuemba View Post
I am looking to buy the samsung BDP 5000 both want one that has all the prpoer audio codecs and funtionality. Does this player really have it all?
Yes.

It appears to work perfectly and the insides of it are right up there with the Toshiba XA2. It has great video capabilities and soundwise is pretty good. The only model I've been told that sounds better is the new Denon unit (that I've yet to test). However if you're passing the data unconverted straight through HDMI for your receiver/pre-pro to process the sound doesn't really matter.

I have had no issues with any movies so far. In fact I watched The Simpsons on it tonight followed by Bladerunner. One a BD the other an HD DVD.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #3

Red face Re: Is the SAMSUNG BD 5000 the best of both worlds

that is great news. I want a player that has the best of both worlds to round out my system. I thought about buying two seperate systems but want to save HDMI space.It just seems interesting that in most of their posts they do not play up the sound as much as others do but rather instead focus on the picture-which is very important. I am waiting for Best Buy to get it in stock.
Old 12-22-2007   #4

Default Re: Is the SAMSUNG BD 5000 the best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by melcuemba View Post
that is great news. I want a player that has the best of both worlds to round out my system. I thought about buying two seperate systems but want to save HDMI space.It just seems interesting that in most of their posts they do not play up the sound as much as others do but rather instead focus on the picture-which is very important. I am waiting for Best Buy to get it in stock.
I think it's an amazing unit that frees a lot of space in my rack and wiring.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007   #5

Angry Re: Is the SAMSUNG BD 5000 the best of both worlds

SOMEONE IS LYING! I just heard from two sources that this player does not have the Dolby True HD nor the DTS-HD and definetly not the DTS-MA ability. What is the deal! Also, every report from Samsung makes no mention of sound!! Are they trying to hide something???
Sponsored Links

Tags
5000, audio, bd, bd5000, bdp, blue, buy, dvd, player, plays, ray, sacd, samsung, systems, video, worlds