Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 12-24-2007   #19

Default Re: Samsung BD-UP5000 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by melcuemba View Post
now that is knowledge. Thanks! You have just saved me hours of research! Now to test your Phd skills. I am looking to get Monster Cables (the Ultra high Speed) to go from Samsung BDP 5000 to Denon 4308CI. Are there any cables that you would recommend better than these to pass the codecs and the video. Those cables for about 8M are expensive (180+)
I think if WE have to ask about cost, it means that we should go for a HDMI cable from Blue Jeans Cable.

There are absolutely no double-blinded studies to prove that Monster Cable or any other expensive cables will outperform any cables from Blue Jeans Cable.

Personally, I would not buy cheap cables from Monoprice or other cheap cable companies, but Blue Jeans Cables make awesome high quality cables for a reasonable price.

Sure, if I were a billionaire, I would buy $10,000 cables (if they make them) just because I could, even though I realize that they won't sound any better than $30 cables. There is nothing wrong with being cool and buying those ultra high-end cables if money were no object. But if you have to think about it, don't waste your money on anything else but Blue Jeans Cable.
AcuDefTechGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuDefTechGuy View Post
I think if WE have to ask about cost, it means that we should go for a HDMI cable from Blue Jeans Cable.

There are absolutely no double-blinded studies to prove that Monster Cable or any other expensive cables will outperform any cables from Blue Jeans Cable.

Personally, I would not buy cheap cables from Monoprice or other cheap cable companies, but Blue Jeans Cables make awesome high quality cables for a reasonable price.

Sure, if I were a billionaire, I would buy $10,000 cables (if they make them) just because I could, even though I realize that they won't sound any better than $30 cables. There is nothing wrong with being cool and buying those ultra high-end cables if money were no object. But if you have to think about it, don't waste your money on anything else but Blue Jeans Cable.

But Double Blind tests have been done with other brands.

Cables can change the sound of your system.

Monster is like Bose they have wonderful marketing.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuDefTechGuy View Post
$10,000? You are starting to get into the upper end cables! How about $30,000+ for eight foot speaker cables? $20+K for 1M interconnects? Yep, there out there and more expensive ones too! If you have the money... someone has the cable for you!

I've had Blue Jeans cables, my last ones were DVI-HDMI but they seemed to work fine. I've not heard anything bad about monoprice to date, especially given the price.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post

But Double Blind tests have been done with other brands.

Cables can change the sound of your system.
I would really, really love to read those Double-blinded tests that have been done with other brands.

I've search the internet many times. I have never seen seen any single-blinded test, much less double-blinded, that shows ultra-expensive wires outperforming less expensive wires.

I did read a few articles from The Audio Critic regarding cables and wires. One interesting comment I recall was regarding Kimber Kable vs. the cheaper cables: the Kimber Kables actually displayed MORE DISTORTION!!!
There were no audible differences among the wires whatsoever, but upon technical analysis, the Kimber kables had more distortion.

I own the Kimber Kable 8TC speaker cables and the PBJ interconnects. I would love to think that they sound a lot better than other less expensive cables since I paid a lot more for those Kimber kables. But after hours of comparison, I just can't hear any difference at all. They are extremely cool to look at and great for showing off to friends, but that's it.

I also own AudioQuest, Vampire Wires, Monster Cables, Outlaw Audio, Blue Jeans Cable, and Monoprice.

I love the Vampire Wires and Outlaw Audio. They look cool.
Old 12-25-2007   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
$10,000? You are starting to get into the upper end cables! How about $30,000+ for eight foot speaker cables? $20+K for 1M interconnects? Yep, there out there and more expensive ones too! If you have the money... someone has the cable for you!

I've had Blue Jeans cables, my last ones were DVI-HDMI but they seemed to work fine. I've not heard anything bad about monoprice to date, especially given the price.
Yeah, if I were a billionaire, I would buy the most expensive wires and cables just for the heck of it.

Is there such thing as Evidence-Based Audio, as in Evidence-Based Medicine? :-)

The Monoprice cables just feels like the connectors are very cheaply made. I had a few of the connectors just broke off. Must have been turbulent shipping.:-)
I also bought those Monoprice banana plugs. Again, they are just really cheaply made.
Really cheap plastics. That's just my personal experience. Outlaw Audio cables are also high quality, just like Blue Jeans Cables IMO.

Just like all things in life, most of us have to balance the cost of our gears. We can't afford those really cool LOOKING ultra-high ends, and we don't want gears that will break easily either.
Old 12-25-2007   #24

Wires, all of them, do make a difference, how much depends on the wire and your system. the more resolving a system, the easier it is to see the benefits, though I know Transparent loves to do a demo where they use an inexpensive system and put totally sick cables into it and I haven;t ever heard one person who's seen the demo not have heard the difference.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
bd, bdup5000, blue, cable, decoding, dts, forum, jeans, monoprice, play, sacd, samsung, system, up5000, update, updates