Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blu-ray Players (http://www.avrev.com/forum/blu-ray-players-24/)
-   -   PS3 named "Disc player of the year" (http://www.avrev.com/forum/blu-ray-players/1299-ps3-named-disc-player-year.html)

TheMoose 12-13-2007 09:35 PM

PS3 named "Disc player of the year"

UltimateAVmag.com named the Playstation 3 the Disc player of the year" in their 2007 products of the year awards.

Lotus 12-13-2007 10:17 PM

Re: PS3 named "Disc player of the year"

Just another reason that mag is a rag.

Which isn't to say the PS3 sucks as a disc player but it isn't the best BD player, and it isn't the best DVD player...

It only works the best if its constantly hooked up to the internet.

Plus is just working enough to label something best?

TheMoose 12-13-2007 11:39 PM

Well, you are consistent in your belief that anyone that doesn't agree with your view is wrong.:rolleyes:

They are not the only ones to give high praise to the PS3, people like Home Theater magazine naming it "Product of the year" & the European Imaging & Sound Association naming it best media center (07/08), but I'm sure you believe they were wrong too.

kennyt 12-14-2007 02:46 AM

While I see it as a great convergence piece, I have to agree with Lotus, it isn't a great Blu-ray player, nor DVD player, games are limited as well, and mine froze up on Oblivion Elder Scrolls @ Level 5 and the save locks it up as well! I haven't tried some of the MM uses yet as I have multiple server type devices already.

It's pretty cool, and it does load discs well, and I am glad to have one, but to call it 'disc player of the year'? I don't know.

Lotus 12-14-2007 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMoose (Post 7519)
Well, you are consistent in your belief that anyone that doesn't agree with your view is wrong.:rolleyes:

They are not the only ones to give high praise to the PS3, people like Home Theater magazine naming it "Product of the year" & the European Imaging & Sound Association naming it best media center (07/08), but I'm sure you believe they were wrong too.

Yeah and does Sony throw massive ammounts of advertising at them?

The EISA are the only ones who did anything smart.

The PS3 product of the year for Home Theaters?

It deserves this why? So you can own the number 3 gaming console and an ok BD player?

Seriously why exactly does it deserve this?

TheMoose 12-14-2007 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotus (Post 7526)
Yeah and does Sony throw massive ammounts of advertising at them?

The EISA are the only ones who did anything smart.

The PS3 product of the year for Home Theaters?

It deserves this why? So you can own the number 3 gaming console and an ok BD player?

Seriously why exactly does it deserve this?

You'd have to ask them why they thought it deserved it, I don't work for any of those places, I'm just reporting what they said.

My guess is the fact it plays every kind of disc except DVD-A, is a decent Blu-Ray player, is an inexpensive first step for most people into Blu-Ray & media servers & is constantly being upgraded through firmware updates probably has something to do with it.

Oh and I'm sure Toshiba also advertises with those magazine.
I'm sure they would be thrilled with your saying their editorial content could be bought.