Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 12-17-2007   #31

Default Re: Blu-ray problems

Prerich,

No monitor/projector will display 1080p via DVI or component that I am aware of.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Prerich,

No monitor/projector will display 1080p via DVI or component that I am aware of.
Agreed - over component, but over DVI (I) that's a different story. I can give you many models but here's just one for instance:

Sceptre x24wg-Naga 24" Widescreen LCD - DVI 2ms, WUXGA 1920x1200, VGA, DVI, Black

I also have a WUXGA monitor at work (I have a special Oxygen video card for it) made by a company called SGI connected via DVI. By the way, peep Nvidia's XHD technology here's the link http://www.nvidia.com/page/technolog...e_hd_home.html to quote Nvidia "Go beyond standard high definition (HD) and experience Extreme High Definition (XHD) – the ultimate widescreen, ultra-high-resolution PC experience. XHD has over 4x the picture clarity of native 1080i HD televisions and 2x the picture clarity of 1080p HD televisions and let’s you play the hottest PC games and applications in widescreen mode."

The computer industry is very forward thinking - I know of only a few wuxga projectors (none that I could afford) but quite a few monitors. The tech is there over DVI (component cable is bandwidth limited to 1080i)
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #33

Will any of these work with HDCP though??
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #34

Talking Re: Blu-ray problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Will any of these work with HDCP though??
Yes, they will. What's even better on the PC side of things - a legal program that gets rid of the HDCP requirement (not that it matters with these monitors but if you have a monitor and a projector it can come in handy as vga can do extreme resolutions but it is not HDCP compliant).
Old 08-15-2008   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Smart plan. You won't be dissapointed and in fact I bet you'll be pretty happy.

If you get a Lemon or think you have one (about 1 out of 20 get returned) just quickly return it. If you get a good one (chances are you will) they are pretty sweet.
I am so glad that I didn't buy on impulse and sell my computer BD drive! It's now the best thing that I've ever seen in my system - all the bugs are out (thanks Arcsoft and Corel for putting out quality software). I'm bluray happy and it works...everytime! LIke I said earlier - my PC will forever be my test machine for new formats. That plan worked like a charm!
Old 09-09-2009   #36

Ok ... just ran out and got a new Samsung 6 series TV... so naturally we got a blu-ray to go with it. We went with the Samsung BD-P1600 because of the PC streaming option. So TV, Blu-ray, Monster 900 HDMI cable, and brand new Kill Bill blu-ray disc in hand, we get home, pop it all in..

......and the disc won't play.

Checked the cables, updated the firmware, tried it again- still no go.
So maybe it was just the Kill Bill disc? So we checked out another blu-ray (this time Boondock Saints, they were all out of Kill Bill) from Blockbuster to try. It looked promising, but still popped up with a message telling us to get the latest firmware update and was unable to play the disc.

We have v. 2.02 ... the latest firmware update. Our region is set correctly (although the Kill Bill Blu-ray was A,B, & C compatible... so it should've worked if you were on this planet). Are there no movies we can watch on our Blu-ray? Is it just the luck of the draw?

I'm really losing hope with Blu-ray if it's going to be a gamble every time you want to watch a new movie..
asherpacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
blu, blue, bluray, computer, issue, minimum, pc, play, player, problems, ray, spec, specs, video, working