Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 08-03-2007   #25

Default Re: Playstation 3 as Blu-Ray player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Now all I need is a decent HDMI 1.3 reciever with 6 HDMI inputs & I'm set!
Check out the Sony 5300ES receiver due out next month!
AudAdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #26

Cool Re: Playstation 3 as Blu-Ray player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudAdv View Post
Check out the Sony 5300ES receiver due out next month!
I saw a review on the 5300ES last week & am looking forward to getting my hands on it.
A lot of new 1.3 receivers are hitting stores soon, I'm ready & willing to upgrade to one of them!!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #27

I finally picked up a PS3 because of the price drop. its AWESOME but i only have 3 Blu-ray discs so far. Has anyone had any problem with some of the discs not playing right? I have the firmware update the $499 new ps3 comes with.
wazzzup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzzup View Post
I finally picked up a PS3 because of the price drop. its AWESOME but i only have 3 Blu-ray discs so far. Has anyone had any problem with some of the discs not playing right? I have the firmware update the $499 new ps3 comes with.
I've never had a problem playing a movie & I've played a bunch of them, you need to upgrade the firmware as what came with it will most likely be out of date.
Old 10-11-2007   #29

Exclamation Re: Playstation 3 as Blu-Ray player.

While not a conformation it seems from this story that there will be an update that will make the PS3 BD profile 1.1 (BD Java interactivity) compliant!
"Sony also announced that the PS3 would soon be receiving a firmware upgrade to boost its Blu-ray interactivity functions.

This will keep the PS3 in the running for the best Blu-Ray player for a while longer.
Old 10-12-2007   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
This will keep the PS3 in the running for the best Blu-Ray player for a while longer.
By best, I am assuming you mean "has the most features and doo-dads"?

Because from a performance standpoint, the Sony BDP-S1 and Panasonic DMP-BD10A both outperform it, and the upcoming Sony BDP-S2000ES is sure to stake its claim at the top of the heap. Though it astounds me that they failed to include ethernet support.

Not to mention that there is no way to integrate a PS3 into a touchscreen, or any other remote for that matter.
AudAdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, blu, bluray, broadcast, complaints, heat, noise, pal, player, playstation, ps3, quiet, ray, standard, supported, troubleshooting, video