Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 06-10-2007   #7

Unhappy Re: Playstation 3 as Blu-Ray player.

I'm purchasing a PS3 for my nephew in August - Beside the fact that this mean my nice year old nephew will have a Blu- Ray player before I do, once he sees a Blu- Ray movie I have a feeling that his "Wish List" for new movies is going to be longer than his list for new games.

Linda
http://TabletPc2.com

Last edited by LindaE; 06-10-2007 at 07:54 PM..
LindaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007   #8

Default Re: Playstation 3 as Blu-Ray player.

My PS3 is very noisy - to the point where it is very annoying during quiet scenes in movies.
I have given up watching movies on it, not too impressed with BluRay, at least on my Sony XBR 34" 1080i.
Good thing I like to play games, otherwise it'd be a $600 paperweight!
platespiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by platespiller View Post
My PS3 is very noisy - to the point where it is very annoying during quiet scenes in movies.
I have given up watching movies on it, not too impressed with BluRay, at least on my Sony XBR 34" 1080i.
Good thing I like to play games, otherwise it'd be a $600 paperweight!
I have seen almost no complaints about heat or fan noise on the PS3, mine has been running 24/7 since Folding @ Home was released & I have never heard my fan at my regular vewing postition during movies, games or Folding.
Do you have plenty of ventilation & is it away from other heat generating equipment like a reciever?
If you are hearing your fan then it's on high speed if it's running on high it must be getting hot so check your circulation around it.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007   #10

AudioGuy, I have the remote and it works ok. Much better than trying to use the game controller, but not great.
Dave999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007   #11

As far as heat, the PS3 sits on top of my HD Tivo, which puts out quite a bit of heat, I guess.
It's well ventilated on the sides and the top, maybe I'll try to place it upright by itself to troubleshoot.
So nobody but me has the noisy fan issue, huh? Not cool!
platespiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by platespiller View Post
As far as heat, the PS3 sits on top of my HD Tivo, which puts out quite a bit of heat, I guess.
It's well ventilated on the sides and the top, maybe I'll try to place it upright by itself to troubleshoot.
So nobody but me has the noisy fan issue, huh? Not cool!
I never said nobody I said almost no complaints about the fan.

Yea if the hot air from your TiVo is entering the intake of the PS3 then I can see why the fan would be on high.
It will help to get it on it's own getting cool air thru the intake.
If that doesn't help I'd call Sony support because a noisy fan is not normal on the PS3 like it is on the 360.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, blu, bluray, broadcast, complaints, heat, noise, pal, player, playstation, ps3, quiet, ray, standard, supported, troubleshooting, video