Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > The Best in New Music

The Best in New Music Post about SACD, DVD-Audio, music on DVD-Video, CDs, music in 5.1 surround and beyond.

Old 10-30-2007   #1

Default Amazing Music Trivia

The #6-best rock album of all time, according to the AVRev poll (my personal #2),
by the #1 rock band (an earlier poll) --
Led Zeppelin I
-- was recorded in under 30 hours of studio time!

And the also-amazing LZ II (#4 on our all-time list) was put together in bits in pieces in different cities during Zep's first tour of America, just after the release of LZ I. Jimmy Page said he didn't think it could be pieced together like that, but . . .
Share your own favorite amazing music trivia --

Last edited by mrmusic; 11-02-2007 at 05:43 PM..
mrmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #2

Default Re: Amazing Music Trivia

I once drove my Porsche "west of Lincoln" and it got stolen.

true story
Old 11-07-2007   #3

. . . and now you know, Jerry, why I've never invited you to my garage ... uh, home.
Old 11-08-2007   #4

What is the 'west of Lincoln' you speak of? Some sort of ancient Republican politics?
AVarntanymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007   #5

Its an odd comment because it references Santa Monica geogrpahy however Lincoln runs north - south....
Old 11-09-2007   #6

The only Republican reference I would make would be that I'm far left of Lincoln. And that modern Repubs should be emulating him, not Ronnie Raygun.

Yes, "West of Lincoln" is an insider joke. I cracked up the first time I saw it on a t-shirt, because it's so toungue-in-cheek elitist.

There's a snotty (wow -- any day you get to write the word snotty for publication twice, is a good day) credo that westside Angelenos offer as a jest when ducking out of some event (but they really mean it) -- "Oh, sorry, I just don't go (or, really snotty, 'do') west of the 405," the 405 being the San Diego freeway that runs along the west side of LA, separating Santa Monica-Malibu-Pacific Palisades-Brentwood-West LA from the unwashed rest of LA. It's all the more elitist because that also separates one from Beverly Hills, Bel Air, Hanc ock Park, and other toney areas.

When you go as far as "West of Lincoln," you also snub Brentwood-West LA, even Malibu-Palisades. Even Mandeville Canyon. Now, that's elitist.

But there are those of us who really wouldn't want to live anywhere in Lost Angeles but "West of Lincoln."
Sponsored Links

Tags
2000, amazing, audio, forum, lincoln, modern, month, music, musical, odd, shirt, trivia, trivias, video, west