Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > The Best in New Music

The Best in New Music Post about SACD, DVD-Audio, music on DVD-Video, CDs, music in 5.1 surround and beyond.

Old 11-09-2007   #7

Default Re: Amazing Music Trivia

If we are talking inside LA snobby speak here - I think there are two levels.

a) the difference between the westside of LA and the Valley. I have often used the line "my car automatically makes a U-turn at Mullholland" which suggests I don't really go to the San Fernando Valley. That of course isn't true but the Valley ISN'T as nice as the west side (Beverly Hills, Bel Air, Brentwood, Pacific Palasades and Santa Monica).

b) there is a HUGE cultural difference between the westside of LA and the east side. The east side includes Hollywood, Silverlake etc... Its where Beck hangs out and there are a lot more artist/Bohemian people. The westside is WAY more polished. Way more "neuveau riche" etc... Both sides are worth making fun of.

The joke of west of Lincoln in terms of LA geogrpahy is two fold in that Lincoln is PRETTY DAMN close to the ocean meaning you really NEVER leave Santa Monica. Secondly Lincoln runs north south thus is really doesn't make sense to be "west" of lincoln
Old 11-09-2007   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
I have often used the line "my car automatically makes a U-turn at Mullholland" which suggests I don't really go to the San Fernando Valley.
The joke of west of Lincoln in terms of LA geogrpahy is two fold in that Lincoln is PRETTY DAMN close to the ocean meaning you really NEVER leave Santa Monica. Secondly Lincoln runs north south thus is really doesn't make sense to be "west" of Lincoln
Jerry,
I'm stealing the "U-turn" line, that's great!

It's BECAUSE Lincoln runs N-S that you can be either east or west of it.

And you're right about being pretty damn close to the ocean -- Lincoln would otherwise be called 8th Street, so in Santa Monica it is on the furthest-west 8 blocks you can go before your feet get wet! (Plus a slightly larger slice of Venice-Marina del Rey-Playa del Rey as you go south.)

Which means, West of Lincolners are even rejecting the rest of Santa Monica as being unworthy.
mrmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #9

LBC beeyotches! Word.
narcoticprayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #10

Default mercurial vapor 9

mercurial vapor 9
vaporcsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #11

It is amazing to know that there are so many music forms all across the world.
rickymartin364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2000, amazing, audio, forum, lincoln, modern, month, music, musical, odd, shirt, trivia, trivias, video, west