Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > The Best in New Music

The Best in New Music Post about SACD, DVD-Audio, music on DVD-Video, CDs, music in 5.1 surround and beyond.

Old 02-02-2014   #1

Default What's the Best Ripping Quality?

Have several hundred CDs consisting of rock, classical, blues, jazz, opera and reggae. Ripped them all to a hard drive on my PC. Chose .wav format because i don't want any compression whatsoever. So far, so good. Now have access to a couple of 4TB drives and want to re-rip the whole collection in higher resolution. Most high-res music out there seems to be 24/96 or 24/192. dBPoweramp also offers 32/192. Has anyone here listened extensively to these formats? Is 32/192 actually better-sounding than 24/192? i would welcome your thoughts on this. Thanks!
starvinmarvin is offline   Reply With Quote