Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > The Best in New Music

The Best in New Music Post about SACD, DVD-Audio, music on DVD-Video, CDs, music in 5.1 surround and beyond.

View Poll Results: How many of these albums would you buy in Hi-Rez 24/96?
0-10 6 27.27%
10-30 8 36.36%
30-50 1 4.55%
50+ 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2007   #19

Default Re: Download the Top 100 albums spreadsheet here, then post your own top 10 here

http://www.gotickets.com/concert/led...FQEyYQodCTnoSA

Here is some info on the Led Zep tour...

Njoy
randymoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #20

Default Re: Download the Top 100 albums spreadsheet here, then post your own top 10 here

Are they planning on Bonzo's kid as the drummer??
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
That would be the way to go!

I'd love to see it but I know there is no way.
I saw Robert Plant in concert so that will have to do, although The "Tall Cool One" & "Sea of Love" is no replacement for "Stairway To Heaven" & "Dazed and Confused"!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
YES...

Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham (son of the band's original drummer John Bonham, who died 1980) will reunite to perform onstage - One Night Only - as Led Zeppelin for a charity show in Tribute to Ahmet Ertegun, the late co-founder and chairman emeritus of Atlantic Records. Ertegun, who signed Led Zeppelin in 1968, died last December. The band recorded for Atlantic its entire career.

The one-off show will be held in the 20,000-capacity O2 arena (the former Millennium Dome) on Monday November 26th 2007. The O2 is located at Greenwich, south-east London. Led Zeppelin vocalist Robert Plant said: "During the Zeppelin years, Ahmet Ertegun was a major foundation of solidarity and accord. For us, he was Atlantic Records and remained a close friend and conspirator. This performance stands alone as a tribute to the work and life of a longstanding friend."

Speaking at a press conference Concert promoter Harvey Goldsmith explained that the reunion came about after the band were contacted by the late record mogul's wife, Mica. Goldsmith explained that she had written the band an "emotive letter" asking them to play.

Goldsmith said that he had originally asked Page, Plant and Jones to consider reuniting to play a 30-minute set as part of a gala concert. "I wrote to everybody and in particular to Robert and Jimmy and John Paul, and said: 'Look this is an opportunity for you to come together and really pay homage to your mentor and mine, and would you do it?' Much to my amazement they came back and said yes," he said.

After several weeks of discussions the band finally assembled in a rehearsal studio on the outskirts of London in June to see if they could still play together. After a week of rehearsals, Zeppelin announced to Goldsmith that they would be willing and able to perform a full two-hour set. "Jason Bonham became part of the catalyst, and they did a week's rehearsal," said Goldsmith . "We had a meeting and Robert turned around and said we're not going to do 30 minutes, we're doing to do a whole set." Goldsmith added "They’re going to play all the great songs that everybody wants to hear. They are the last great rock gods that remain to be seen."

Also performing at the event will be The Who's guitarist Pete Townshend, former Rolling Stone bassist Bill Wyman’s Rhythm Stars, rock band Foreigner and Paolo Nutini, Ertegun's last UK signing before his death.

Profits will benefit the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund, which provides scholarships to universities in the United States, United Kingdom and Turkey, Ertegun's country of birth. Among the projects the fund is backing is a music scholarship at south London's Ravensbourne College, which is to move to a building adjacent to the O2 arena in Greenwich. Ahmet's wife Mica said: "He would be very proud that Led Zeppelin have chosen to reunite and headline a benefit concert in his name featuring so many of his friends. I would like to thank all of the artists for their generous contribution to help make Ahmet's vision a reality." Goldsmith said Ertegun "became a friend and was my mentor. Our industry deeply misses such a giant of music. It is a fitting tribute that these great artists have all come together to perform in his memory."

More than 1 million fans, seeking an opportunity to purchase tickets to the show, submitted a registration ballot on the Ahmettribute.com website which, at one point, was receiving over 5 million hits per hour. In total the website recorded over one billion hits between September 12th thru September 19th

Concert promoter Harvey Goldsmith said: "In the first day alone, we received an unprecedented number of hits that literally knocked the website out. Over the last seven days we have recorded over 1,000 million hits. This response is amazing and from it we have had over one million registrations. We would like to thank all the fans for their support." Goldsmith added "All registrations will have equal standing regardless if they register(ed) first or last."

The registration ballot has now closed & successful applicants will be notified by email no later than October 1st. Those lucky enough to be selected will be provided with full details of how to purchase the tickets they have successfully registered for. There will be a time limit of 72 hours from the time of notification to pay for the tickets. Ticket purchases will be restricted to no more than 2 per successful registrant.

======================
David DelGrosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #23
jbk

My top 10
1. Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band Beatles
Changed the way Rock was recorded and sounded

2. Dark Side of the Moon Pink Floyd
A little bit of something for everyone to identify with in their life

3. Beggers Banquet Rolling Stones
Starting to hit their stride..after Her Majesties Disaster

4. Cream Reunion
A blend of Blues, Jazz and hard rock by consumate muscians. The group upcoming dand tried to emulate afterwards

5. Yes Yes
A great concept album that Yes performed acoustically at the house of blues!

6. Highway 61 Revisited Bob Dylan

7. Imagine John Lennon
Continues his visionary music after the Beatles, Paul never caught up..

8. Live at the Filmore East Allman Brothers
British Blues rock meet the Southern man and R&B

9. Harvest Niel Young
We knew he was great with Buffalo Springfield and CS&N but really starts breaking out

10.Led Zeppelin II Led Zeppelin
Expanded British covers of blues to make it their own and launch arguable one of the greatest bands ever. maybe in the Top 5

Just my humble thoughts and showing my age...

jbk
jbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #24

Looks like 90% pop, which I consider watered down bull **** and 7% heavy metal, which I consider hate and screaming. 3% is played from the soul of the musician for the musician and not entirely to earn a dollar.
Peace to you all
eltabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
100, album, albums, audio, blogspot, boingo, cd, max, midnight, oingo, quality, sound, top, vultures, webster