Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > The Best in New Music

The Best in New Music Post about SACD, DVD-Audio, music on DVD-Video, CDs, music in 5.1 surround and beyond.

View Poll Results: How many of these albums would you buy in Hi-Rez 24/96?
0-10 6 27.27%
10-30 8 36.36%
30-50 1 4.55%
50+ 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2007   #109

Default Re: Download the Top 100 albums spreadsheet here, then post your own top 10 here

Great to see you posting!

I have never heard of Max Webster.

Tool is a tough pick on the list. Musically, they are TOP NOTCH especially re: today's bands but for me their songs are so dark that I find myself not wanting to listen that often.
Old 10-12-2007   #110

Default Re: Snubs, complaints and hate-mail about the top 100 albums list

There were some big stones fans on the panel.

I was not one of them but I did go back and listen to Exile and Banquet and I stand by my vote - the Stones are a live band more than an album band. They can't carry Led Zeppelin's briefcase to work. WAY overrated.
Old 10-12-2007   #111

Default Re: Download the Top 100 albums spreadsheet here, then post your own top 10 here

ya tool is a pretty amazing band but are a bit of an aquired taste. to me they are almost like a modern day "Dark" Pink floyd.

Max webster is Kim Mitchell's old band with Pye Dubois
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Webster

If you have never given them a listen, they have a few albums that are well worth it and universal Juveniles is easily my favorite.
Steve_Barrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #112

The song complexity is there compared to Pink Floyd - perhaps at the same level but the melodies and songwriting are a 2 compared to a 10 when looking at Pink Floyd.

Tool does rock harder which counts for something in my book but songs are a pretty big deal otherwise Yngwie J. Malmsteen would have two or three records on the top 100
Old 10-12-2007   #113

very fair, I was thinking more on complexity and even a bit on style as opposed to comparing songwriting and melody.
Steve_Barrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #114

Default Re: Snubs, complaints and hate-mail about the top 100 albums list

Considering that Nirvana's Nevermind, Rage Against the Machine, Radiohead OK Computer and Stone Temple Pilots Core are all honorable mentions, this list is meaningless to me. Not to mention non-mentions of the Pixies, Weezer, Dinosaur Jr., Sonic Youth, Smashing Pumpkins, etc.

Does social influence even factor in on this list? Like, effect on youth and trends and culture?

Last edited by aronowm2; 10-12-2007 at 03:12 PM..
aronowm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
100, album, albums, audio, blogspot, boingo, cd, max, midnight, oingo, quality, sound, top, vultures, webster