Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > The Best in New Music

The Best in New Music Post about SACD, DVD-Audio, music on DVD-Video, CDs, music in 5.1 surround and beyond.

View Poll Results: How many of these albums would you buy in Hi-Rez 24/96?
0-10 6 27.27%
10-30 8 36.36%
30-50 1 4.55%
50+ 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2007   #103

Default Re: How many would you buy if re-mastered in 24/96?

18 from the top 100, I already own five others in soome HD format.

I'd buy 6 more of the honorable mentions.

I was surprised it would be this low but some of these albums (CLash Combat Rock or Never Mind the Bollocks) just wouldn't be worth having in HD. Yes, they might sound a little better, but I just don't think I'd rebuy them given the sound quality of the albums.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #104

Probably around 15 that were my favorites would be worth getting.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #105

At the money they would cost they would have to have a concert or something else to make them worth most peoples money. The best setup I have seen is the Fly Like An Eagle album remake by Steve Miller where he put his 30th Anniversary Tour concert dvd with the album. It was worth paying a little extra for the dvd since his concert was awesome.

I do agree with the comment about the Sex Pistols album. They had some good songs but their technical ability for a full album sucks.
farrellhiatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrellhiatt View Post
At the money they would cost they would have to have a concert or something else to make them worth most peoples money. The best setup I have seen is the Fly Like An Eagle album remake by Steve Miller where he put his 30th Anniversary Tour concert dvd with the album. It was worth paying a little extra for the dvd since his concert was awesome.

I do agree with the comment about the Sex Pistols album. They had some good songs but their technical ability for a full album sucks.
I'm not sure what this comment is about the Sex Pistols. They are not even in this Top 100 list.

This is essentially a survey question that the major record labels are wondering about.

Before they would agree to invest the time and money to produce H-Rez "music discs" (to augment the movies and games on HD-DVD and Blu-ray) they need to know how many people would actually purchase such discs.

Ex. Beatles- Sgt. Pepper (HD-DVD Music Disc)

* Re-released with the highest audio fidelity ever offered !!
* Video extras, including original album artwork & band photos
* Suggested List Price: $19.99

So using this Top 100 as a guide... how many of these albums would you be interested in purchasing (after you buy an HD or BD player), if they were re-released with the BEST SOUND EVER?

(NOTE: Of course, these discs would also include Hi-Rez UNCOMPRESSED 5.1 re-mixes whenever possible... but not on the "oldies" that were not originally archived with each instrument and voice on it's own separate track)

Top 100: http://www.avrev.com/rock-albums

====================

DD
David DelGrosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #107

Default Re: Download the Top 100 albums spreadsheet here, then post your own top 10 here

I can't help myself but to chime in on the top 10 even though the date has passed. and I'm afraid only some where in the list so there are a few different ones here. Also struggle to put these in any kind of order. I love them all

1: STP - Core
2: The Who - Who's Next
3: Rush - Hemispheres
4: Max Webster - Universal Juveniles
5: tool -Aenima
6: Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
7: Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny
8: Black Sabbath - Volume 4
9: Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy
10: Frank Zappa - Joes Garage
Steve_Barrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #108

Thumbs down Tattoo You????!!!!

Come on, Tattoo you the only Stones album to make the list. While it may have sold a bazillion copies it's absolute crap compared to albums like Beggars Banquet, Sticky Fingers or Exile on Main Street.
jimtunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
100, album, albums, audio, blogspot, boingo, cd, max, midnight, oingo, quality, sound, top, vultures, webster