Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > The Best in New Music

The Best in New Music Post about SACD, DVD-Audio, music on DVD-Video, CDs, music in 5.1 surround and beyond.

View Poll Results: How many of these albums would you buy in Hi-Rez 24/96?
0-10 6 27.27%
10-30 8 36.36%
30-50 1 4.55%
50+ 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2007   #79

Default Re: Download the Top 100 albums spreadsheet here, then post your own top 10 here

Did you use the Excel sheet?

You are telling me King's X's songwriting is better than all of the rest of the list? Its a 100 point category? What about sound and production?

And Marilion? Name me ONE hit song. Better yet - go on the street corner and as 100 people to name one song by the band. I would be shocked if you could get 2 people to answer the question. Then repeat with Duran Duran or The Beatles.
Old 10-02-2007   #80

Thumbs down Re: Download the Top 100 albums spreadsheet here, then post your own top 10 here

"Pet Sounds" gets 24(???) on continuity? Has anyone voting for this list ever LISTENED to "Pet Sounds" from beginning to end? Seriously, folks...
kohanmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #81

Default Re: Download the Top 100 albums spreadsheet here, then post your own top 10 here

I agree with you. I gave it a poor grade for continuity...
Old 10-02-2007   #82

Default Re: Snubs, complaints and hate-mail about the top 100 albums list

David Del, help me out on this one, Can someone make a top 100 Jazz and R + B list. Earth, Wind, and Fire, as great as they are, gentlemen they are NOT rock.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #83

Default Re: Snubs, complaints and hate-mail about the top 100 albums list

Jazz by my definition is on the 1's and 3's. Rock is on the 2's and 4's.

Go count out a hit Earth Wind and Fire song.

Note its on the 2's and 4's.... Its Rock.
Old 10-02-2007   #84

Talking Re: Post your 100 Top Rock Album list results here

Sgt Pepper gets my top vote and then Abbey Rd and then the pipers at the gates of dawn. Court and Spark by Joni Mitchell is good and up there in stereo and surround sound. Rubber Soul and The First pressing of Beatles for Sale might be some of the finest work around and for its time it was top . After seeing jimi Hendrex a couple of times and then listening to his albums , i can see why alot of people would like the studio work . But i saw him play when his first album came out and heard both the stereo and mono version of Experience and then seeing him live left me not wanting to see THAT MESS AGAIN. I saw him at the Factory in Philly 2 shows and then at Temple U. Statium , that was Band of whatever .. So as some one who can over dub music he was good , but not as great as some people would let on to believe , same goes for Cream . The first Cream album in mono is great but to see them live as i did a couple of times then go back stage and watch them throw hangers and knives at each other all high and drunk and dropped up . No thanx .But I did get them to sign their first album. A great album overlooked is GOODBYE AND HELLO by Tim Buckley . and Love's Alone Again, which would have been the album of the " summer of love " if pepper had not come out. And another overlooked album is The Mothers 2nd album and Freak Out ( first lp) both worth a listen in mono and stereo and Quad or surround .. just some ideas .. I have soem newer picks also , WILCO NEW ALBUM , IT COEMS WITH A GREAT PRESSING OF THE CD AND THE WHITE STRIPES ALBUM BUT NOT THE CD...
luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
100, album, albums, audio, blogspot, boingo, cd, max, midnight, oingo, quality, sound, top, vultures, webster