Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > The Best in New Music

The Best in New Music Post about SACD, DVD-Audio, music on DVD-Video, CDs, music in 5.1 surround and beyond.

View Poll Results: How many of these albums would you buy in Hi-Rez 24/96?
0-10 6 27.27%
10-30 8 36.36%
30-50 1 4.55%
50+ 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2007   #73

Default Re: Snubs, complaints and hate-mail about the top 100 albums list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
The reviewers must be quite out of touch because they skipped some pretty damn important music from the last 20 years. Where is Radiohead's Kid A or OK Computer? What about Sea Change or any number of Beck's amazing albums? The Marshall Mathers LP by Emniem may not be "rock" but it shook the hell out of the rap world as much as, or more than the Beastie Boys ever did.

Vs (the 2nd pearl jam album) is actually a much deeper and longer lasting record than 10 (Im not referring to the duration of the album itself)

As cheesy as this may sound too, the first Maroon 5 record is a great guilty pleasure and has some of the best pop rock music in the last 20 years.

Nice effort guys but you need to expand past 1993. Contrary to every news story where you write about how high-res surround sound music is going to save the music industry, perhaps if closed minded older music fans would be willing to really listen to what is going on, you'd find some killer "new" music.

love,
Dirk
The bands you've mentioned might have some good stuff in their own rite, but they won't bear the test of time like the albums on the list have done. Shear staying power plays a huge factor. Remember Duran Duran? They were supposed to be the next Beatles.....Where are they now?
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #74

Default Re: Music after 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
I wish this wasn't the case but the music since 1993 has mostly sucked out loud.
Amen brother!
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #75

Default Re: Top 100 albums list released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.arend-denko@adelphia.ne View Post
I feel retarded, I can't find the new list, where is it?
Here is the list to the "Top 100 albums of all time".

http://www.avrev.com/rock-albums

And you can also enter to win a complete set of CDs of all of these albums, by filling out this reader survey:

http://www.avrev.com/avrevforumcontest

DD
David DelGrosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
The bands you've mentioned might have some good stuff in their own rite, but they won't bear the test of time like the albums on the list have done. Shear staying power plays a huge factor. Remember Duran Duran? They were supposed to be the next Beatles.....Where are they now?
----

Duran Duran as the next Beatles is a STRETCH!!!!

Rio is a great album. I think Duran Duran is underrated overall. I love the production on Rio. I think the performance is there and for 80's music - it still sounds pretty fresh to me.
Old 10-02-2007   #77

Default Re: Download the Top 100 albums spreadsheet here, then post your own top 10 here

Here is my top ten list:

1. YES - Close to the Edge
2. Jimi Hendrix - Band of Gypsies
3. The Beatles - Let it Be
4. Marillion - Misplaced Childhood
5. The Beatles - Abbey Road
6. King Crimson - Red
7. The Who - Quadrophenia
8. Jethro Tull - Benefit
9. Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
10. King's X - Gretchen Goes to Nebraska
NYR 2008 Cup Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #78

Agree, RIO is great and it belongs on the list. When I saw it there at #41, however, I thought it was ranked too high.
NYR 2008 Cup Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
100, album, albums, audio, blogspot, boingo, cd, max, midnight, oingo, quality, sound, top, vultures, webster