Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > The Best in New Music

The Best in New Music Post about SACD, DVD-Audio, music on DVD-Video, CDs, music in 5.1 surround and beyond.

View Poll Results: How many of these albums would you buy in Hi-Rez 24/96?
0-10 6 27.27%
10-30 8 36.36%
30-50 1 4.55%
50+ 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2007   #61

Default Re: Snubs, complaints and hate-mail about the top 100 albums list

The reviewers must be quite out of touch because they skipped some pretty damn important music from the last 20 years. Where is Radiohead's Kid A or OK Computer? What about Sea Change or any number of Beck's amazing albums? The Marshall Mathers LP by Emniem may not be "rock" but it shook the hell out of the rap world as much as, or more than the Beastie Boys ever did.

Vs (the 2nd pearl jam album) is actually a much deeper and longer lasting record than 10 (Im not referring to the duration of the album itself)

As cheesy as this may sound too, the first Maroon 5 record is a great guilty pleasure and has some of the best pop rock music in the last 20 years.

Nice effort guys but you need to expand past 1993. Contrary to every news story where you write about how high-res surround sound music is going to save the music industry, perhaps if closed minded older music fans would be willing to really listen to what is going on, you'd find some killer "new" music.

love,
Dirk
Dirk Diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #62

Default Re: Top 100 albums list released!

There are a lot of holes in this list and a number of albums placed in a different order, but overall this wouldn't be a bad starting place for someone to build their music collection from. IMHO
jvastine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #63

Default Eminem

Dirk,

"Everybody has a gift" as they say in Boogie Nights.

I might argue that your boy Eminem might be the exception. First off, the record is rap. Secondly, the guy doesn't sing AT ALL. Can he play an instrument? PLEASE.
Old 10-01-2007   #64

Default Beasties, Beck etc...

Beasties made it for Paul's Boutique - If I am not mistaken. They had 2 records on the list. I had them BOTH on my personal top 100.

We had Midnite Vultures on there but the old fogies on the panel couldn't see the vision. Sea Change just doesn't speak to me.

OK Computer was on the list but I fear it is JUST to whiney... Pussy music. The premium was on bands that could play. Not complain about the VD they got from some anorexic groupie they met backstage a week ago in Manchester....
Old 10-01-2007   #65

Default Re: Top 100 albums list released!

Hell, I just bought all of the records so I can GIVE them to somebody for FREE!!!!

Be sure to sign up here
http://www.avrev.com/avrevforumcontest/
Old 10-01-2007   #66

Default Music after 1993

Nice effort guys but you need to expand past 1993. Contrary to every news story where you write about how high-res surround sound music is going to save the music industry, perhaps if closed minded older music fans would be willing to really listen to what is going on, you'd find some killer "new" music.

------

I wish this wasn't the case but the music since 1993 has mostly sucked out loud.

I point to Nevermind as the point where it became cool to:
- Whine like a pussy
- Not care what you look like
- Not tune your goddamn guitar
- Or even put a gun in your mouth and make your kid an orhpan and your wife a widdow.

In 1993 (the year I went to USC Music School) domestic music sales were $33,000,000,000. Today with 6,000,000 from downloads and ringtones - they sell $20,000,000,000. That's NOT because people steal all of their music. Its because today's music technically and in terms of song writing SUCKS OUT LOUD!!!!

Being serious here - I will put the musical abiity, arrangments and overall performance of WINGER against Coldplay, Radiohead, Beck or ANYBODY that the critics at Rolling Stone rave about.

Love,

Jerry
Sponsored Links

Tags
100, album, albums, audio, blogspot, boingo, cd, max, midnight, oingo, quality, sound, top, vultures, webster