Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Best in New Music (http://www.avrev.com/forum/best-new-music-9/)
-   -   Good Music Coming!!! (http://www.avrev.com/forum/best-new-music/665-good-music-coming.html)

narcoticprayer 09-10-2007 02:12 PM

Good Music Coming!!!

New Steve Earle
New Joni Mitchell
all on the 25th...
what else is coming? I know it's a bunch of stuff but looking for you to fill in the blanks.

JerryDelColliano 09-12-2007 09:46 AM

Re: Good Music Coming!!!

I remember the days of living above Tower Records in West Hollywood and going down at 12:00 AM on Monday so I could stand in line to buy the newest records.

I can't think of a record I want that badly anymore unless the labels were to release music in an HD format. That I would go stand in line for.

David DelGrosso 09-12-2007 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano (Post 2690)
I remember the days of living above Tower Records in West Hollywood and going down at 12:00 AM on Monday so I could stand in line to buy the newest records.

True THAT.

Just yesterday, I was in Marina del Rey, right next door to where the Tower store used to be.

And I looked up at the Tower Records logo that is still painted onto the side of the building, and flashed on how fun it was to walk into that store every week and preview all the new albums at the headphone Listening Stations.

Does that make me "old school"?

DD

deacongreg 09-13-2007 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano (Post 2690)

I can't think of a record I want that badly anymore unless the labels were to release music in an HD format. That I would go stand in line for.

There we have it. Waking up, in the north bronx saturday morning, with my older friend Lenny. Getting excited about going down to 14th street into the "Village" area to shop for records. Before you got to Tower on 4th street, on 12th street, there was a little store called Daytons, where you could go in and by DJ copies of the latest albums, in excellent condition. They would play them for you, clean them if you deemed necessary. Everyone was nice and knowledge of the store, the music, and how to get your music, if they did not have it.

Then, there was the extreme ectasy of talking with Lenny about the purchases we made, and how we COULD NOT WAIT TO GET HOME TO PLAY THEM. Yeah, I have not been that excited about a purchase, unless its an SACD or DVD - A of something I have already.
Those were the days, back on the train.The 4 or 5 lexington ave. subway to 180th street. Then switching to the old no. 2 train up to 225th street in the North Bronx. Then finally, home to clean my records with my DISCWASHER cleaning system. Then to play them on my Dual 1229 turntable and Shure V15 TypeIII cartridge. Boy, you took me back on that one Jerry!!

And David, you are old school, like me, but so what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David DelGrosso 09-14-2007 10:34 AM

And November 13th is now less than one month away!!

http://www.rhino.com/rzine/pressrelease.lasso?PRID=507

DD

narcoticprayer 09-20-2007 09:38 AM

For me it was Barefoot Sounds across the street from El Camino College in Gardena. I used to go hang out while the incense burned and the turn table... well it turned. The guys there used to special order select jazz titles for me because they didn't carry much and would laugh out loud at some of my choices... like when I saved and saved and ended up buying "Beautiful Noise" by Neil Diamond. I was excited because of Robby Robertson and knew there was genius in there somewhere. I'm still looking for it, but I know it's there. Or the day they cut open the box to Frampton comes alive and I was standing right there... "It's a double album... but priced as a single?" I bought it on the strength of that alone. Who would guess that after a couple of months I would never have to put it on the TT again because the whole damn thing was on the radio... FOREVER. Being in a real record store is one of my fondest memories.