Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Best in New Music (http://www.avrev.com/forum/best-new-music-9/)
-   -   Internet Music? (http://www.avrev.com/forum/best-new-music/4600-internet-music.html)

vinylist 03-21-2010 05:11 PM

Internet Music?

Hi all,

Does anyone have experience with, or do they even exist, high resolution (audiophile quality) streaming music websites? One's that would be similar to Pandora, Lala, Mog...that kind of thing; with the MAIN exception being that all the music they offer (subscription or otherwise) is at way high bit-rate or even lossless format. I'm not talking about sites on the order of HDtracks and the like. I'm talking about sites that realize HOW we hear the music they offer will determine a product buy or a subscription buy. The best I've found is mog.com at 320 kbps and run a five spot a month. User friendly, nicely planned and interesting features for discovering new music. Is that the best out there?

Loves2Watch 03-22-2010 10:07 AM

Re: Internet Music?

Nonexistent...

vinylist 03-22-2010 10:35 AM

You mean this is an idea that hasn't been addressed? I find that hard to believe because it seems like the most exciting aspect of the "new" audiophile is the merging of older and newer technologies. I would think a website that modeled on similarities to mog.com or lala.com AND specialized in vinyl rips to a flac type format would be...well, good at the least and a possible moneymaker at the best. And we all know what Elmore James said about moneymakers!

episodes 06-01-2010 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinylist (Post 24364)
Hi all,

Does anyone have experience with, or do they even exist, high resolution (audiophile quality) streaming music websites? One's that would be similar to Pandora, Lala, Mog...that kind of thing; with the MAIN exception being that all the music they offer (subscription or otherwise) is at way high bit-rate or even lossless format. I'm not talking about sites on the order of HDtracks and the like. I'm talking about sites that realize HOW we hear the music they offer will determine a product buy or a subscription buy. The best I've found is mog.com at 320 kbps and run a five spot a month. User friendly, nicely planned and interesting features for discovering new music. Is that the best out there?

Thanks for providing such a nice sources of listening music online. I love to listen rocking songs all the time....
I will like to come to this website again and again and tell to our friends about this site.

Regards

PalmHarbor 06-18-2010 06:35 PM

I expect that iTunes Radio will have it when they are available.

barfle 07-08-2010 07:53 AM

beethoven.com has a high quality subscription stream of classical music.