Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > The Best in New Music

The Best in New Music Post about SACD, DVD-Audio, music on DVD-Video, CDs, music in 5.1 surround and beyond.

Old 11-21-2008   #13
wes

Default Re: SACD Worth IT?

It also depend on your system, it needs to be of high quality to fully appreciate the sound
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #14

No question that it is. But, if there truly is a future in high rez audio, it lies with Blu-Ray. But knowing the record companies, I do not expect any miracles.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #15
wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
No question that it is. But, if there truly is a future in high rez audio, it lies with Blu-Ray. But knowing the record companies, I do not expect any miracles.
Unfortunately, 90% of the world could care less about high quality music. Until the iTune store starts selling applelossless files no one will care except for people with good sound system.
Old 11-24-2008   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
Unfortunately, 90% of the world could care less about high quality music. Until the iTune store starts selling applelossless files no one will care except for people with good sound system.
Yes, I agree. Only we audiophiles care right now. So, as Blu-Ray becomes more prominent in the homes of the general public, and they feel secure that Blu-Ray is here to stay, then maybe we can move towards high rez music. But again, it is the record companies, that did such a horrible job before with SACD and DVD-A, that have to make this thing work.

But as Jerry has said, they have not seen the vision. So, we can only hope. Really, do we really think this will happen. When you have, as Dan from Krell let us all know at Sound by Singer that 127 million people bought I-pods, what does that tell you about have people feel about the quality of the sound they are listening to??!! Those that do seem to care somewhat, will go purchase a better pair of headphones, but outside of that.................................... ...
Old 11-25-2008   #17
wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Yes, I agree. Only we audiophiles care right now. So, as Blu-Ray becomes more prominent in the homes of the general public, and they feel secure that Blu-Ray is here to stay, then maybe we can move towards high rez music. But again, it is the record companies, that did such a horrible job before with SACD and DVD-A, that have to make this thing work.

But as Jerry has said, they have not seen the vision. So, we can only hope. Really, do we really think this will happen. When you have, as Dan from Krell let us all know at Sound by Singer that 127 million people bought I-pods, what does that tell you about have people feel about the quality of the sound they are listening to??!! Those that do seem to care somewhat, will go purchase a better pair of headphones, but outside of that.................................... ...

Try this out it might supplant Blu Ray Audio

http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html
Old 11-25-2008   #18

Okay Wes, I`ll get back to you on this.
Sponsored Links

Tags
2ch, 501, 71, buying, dave, dvda, listen, matthews, multichannel, p324, sacd, shelter, sound, surround, worth