Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > The Best in New Music

The Best in New Music Post about SACD, DVD-Audio, music on DVD-Video, CDs, music in 5.1 surround and beyond.

Old 04-03-2007   #1
Administrator

Default Best demo track

What do you think is the best audio disc to test out a well installed/calibrated 5.1 surround sound
AVRevForum.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #2

Thumbs up Re: Best demo track

One of the best demos I heard was with a DTS demo DVD. It had a few different movies on it. Rush Hour 2 was good, but Jurassic Park was absolutely breath taking. The scene with the T - Rex and the kids in the truck!!

In fact, I find DTS discs in general, Diana Krall, the Ohio Players, Dave Grusin, have plenty of impact and liveliness.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007   #3

Default Re: Best demo track

Super Speedway is good. It was shot on 70mm iMax and looks good on DVD. I want it in HD.
Old 06-05-2007   #4

My favorite individual track is "Hey Nineteen" from the Steely Dan "Gaucho" DTS disc. The bridge is amazing! I use it to show off my system to everyone I can get on my couch. I then follow it up with my favorite (demo) audio disc, Ladysmith Black Mambazo's "Long Walk to Freedom" SACD. This disc will take your breath away. Sarah McLachlan, Taj Mahal, Zap Mama, and others, cover LBM songs, while LBM backs them up with their amazing vocals - in (very well produced and executed) surround sound. Find it at www.headsup.com or the Telarc website. You won't be sorry.
ninthdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007   #5

My favorite demos to show off my system are live music DVD's. #1 - Cream Live @ Royal Albert Hall, 2005. This DVD puts you in 10th row center, great sound stage, Rear chanels perfect with reverb off the back walls of the hall. You're there, crank it in DTS. Superb

Last edited by mobyone; 06-07-2007 at 12:05 AM.. Reason: mis-spell
mobyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007   #6

James Taylor, Live at the Beacon Theater, "Shower the People". Best vocal, acoustic guitar, transition, too many good things to list.
misterq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, cd, demo, demos, dts, dvd, good, live, music, setup, songs, sound, system, testing, top, track