Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > The Best in New Music

The Best in New Music Post about SACD, DVD-Audio, music on DVD-Video, CDs, music in 5.1 surround and beyond.

Old 06-08-2007   #7

Cool Re: Best demo track

My best Demo tracks :
Hell Freezes over - Hotel California opening - DTS . Shakes the booties of the nieghbours !
Dead Man Walking - Bruce. What a voice. Right there with you.
5.15 am - Mark Knoplfer - DVD Audio. Bang on vocals and acoustics !

Cheers
Lalit
lalitchats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007   #8

Default Re: Best demo track

Best stereo tracks?

Audiophile recordings aside, I'd like to add Tori Amos "Under The Pink" to the list.

The vocal miking is unbelievable, and this CD really proves that a mainstream 44.1 release can actually sound very good, IF:

* you have an excellent engineer and excellent mikes
* you understand how to create space in a stereo mix
* you don't "blur" the images with hi-speed replication

DD
David DelGrosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007   #9

Posted by Mobyone:
My favorite demos to show off my system are live music DVD's. #1 - Cream Live @ Royal Albert Hall, 2005. This DVD puts you in 10th row center, great sound stage, Rear chanels perfect with reverb off the back walls of the hall. You're there, crank it in DTS. Superb.

Yes, I definetely agree. However, if you really want to kick it up a notch, check out the HD DVD version of this concert. Without a doubt, this HD DVD possesses some of the most realistic concert footage available on any format, I feel. In addition, the HD DVD version of the Eagles' last tour is in my opinion, a close second.
dibenzylacetone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007   #10

Looks like everyone, (including myself, I must admit), is a little bit confused. This was supposed to be a VIDEO demo listing !
lalitchats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007   #11

Just got a new one....STYX with The Contemporary Youth Orchestra...WOW
Put on Track 5 "I Am The Walrus" "DTS" and be amazed - the kids in the orchestra and the band - Great Performance as well as Great production.
Also listen to track 14 "The Medley", 15 "Fooling Yourself", 16 "Renegade". I was impressed and is now in use in my showroom.
mobyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, cd, demo, demos, dts, dvd, good, live, music, setup, songs, sound, system, testing, top, track