Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > The Best in New Music

The Best in New Music Post about SACD, DVD-Audio, music on DVD-Video, CDs, music in 5.1 surround and beyond.

Old 08-09-2007   #13

Default Re: High Resolution Music

Can anyone tell me if The Doors cd with "Light My Fire" is available on hybrid SACD or DVD - A?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Can anyone tell me if The Doors cd with "Light My Fire" is available on hybrid SACD or DVD - A?
Looks like your prayers will soon be answered too...although how high the resolution will be, still remains to be seen (and heard!) -DD

Rhino Announces The Doors’ Perception DVD-Audio Box Set
Rhino and Elektra Records have officially announced The Doors Perception box set, released to salute the 40th anniversary of one of the greatest rock bands of all time. Available on November 21st, the 6-CD/6-DVD boxed set presents all of The Doors’ classic studio albums with legendary vocalist Jim Morrison, each supplemented with rare and unreleased audio and video tracks.

Perception was produced in cooperation with surviving band members John Densmore (drums), Robby Krieger (guitar), and Ray Manzarek (keyboards), with The Doors’ longtime engineer Bruce Botnick back behind the boards. Each of the six albums is presented with bonus audio – much of it previously unreleased – on a remastered CD with an additional DVD-Audio/Video disc including a 5.1 surround sound mix of the album and additional tracks as well as a photo gallery, lyrics and discography, and two videos of songs from that album.
David DelGrosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007   #15
jbk

I'd like to see/hear Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf and other blues greats on hi res audio and video. There are some black and white live video on YouTube that lead me to believe there might be something worth pursuing.

And, I saw a special on Public TV fund raiser with SRV that would be great on hi res!!

Does any one know if the BBC sessions of the Yardbirds, Cream and Beatles are on video too?

Those would be be great sellers and maybe generate some interest beyond the enthusiast in hi res audio and video.

If there is to be a hi res market the average consumer has to precieve that there is some benefit.

BUT maybe we are seeing (no pun intended) a fundatmental shift in the music industry. People shifting away from just sitting and listening to music to home entertainment of watching movies. My children listen to music mostly as sonic wall paper. They like music even my old records but they didn't sit and listen to music like we did with our friends. I think that is what started the steady decline in music business. It is like the song by Kurt Cobain says "entertain us." Because we don't know how to entertain ourselves.

I don't think that we will see the music industry like it was in the 60's and 70's ever again. There was a birth of music based on the blues that was adopted by the Beatles, Stones, Yardbirds that was turned into our music. Repackaged and rekindled interest in a new type of music. There hasn't been that melting pot of musicians/group to generate this kind of interest in music. Kids don't identify with bands like we did or sit an listen to music like we did, so there is no following and no listening just for music's sake.

Those were the days,
Yes they were,
Now they're gone...

jbk
jbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
180, 200gr, advantages, company, high, jimmy, music, page, res, resolution, rez, sell, videos, vinyl, wont