Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > The Best in New Music

The Best in New Music Post about SACD, DVD-Audio, music on DVD-Video, CDs, music in 5.1 surround and beyond.

Old 09-30-2008   #1

Default Patricia Barber's new album

I think Cafe Blue is one of the great audiophile albums but....

This woman needs to change. I wanted to pick up her new album. I listened to it at Borders, but I just cannot do it. I listen mainly to acoustic guitar and jazz, but that was agonizing.

Any other opinions?
HT Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #2

Default Re: Patricia Barber's new album

fROM THE ANNALS OF JAZZ. fOURpLAY, consisting of Bob James, Larry Carlton, Nathan East, and Harvey Mason have a new cd called Energy, which is very nice. Go to www.headsup.com for a sample!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009   #3

sounds great..
Mullen25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullen25 View Post
sounds great..
I gotta pick this up.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009   #5

If you folks are referring to Mythologies, I will admit, there a large portions of the disc which are sort of difficult to get your head around...however, if you make it to the final cut, you will reach PB heaven. I carried this disc around last spring at the Festival de Son Image in Montreal and everytime cut 11 was played, it stopped people in the demo rooms dead in their tracks...IMHO, it is the greatest song recorded to date by this talented musician.
doralskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #6

Mythologies could well now be my most favorite PB album (Icarus - gorgeous, WhiteWorld - smoking, The Hours - triumph). This woman no longer pushes boundaries, she goes way beyond to creates new ones, challenging us poor listeners to try and catch up. In a world of sausage machine manufacture ear candy, I crave for more like PB who strive for so much more. I truly believe you guys and gals have a national treasure on your hands, but I fear few will ever realize.
usul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2009, album, albums, barber, cd, dvd, dvda, icarus, listen, ny, paatricia, patricia, price, song, sounding