Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > The Best in New Music

The Best in New Music Post about SACD, DVD-Audio, music on DVD-Video, CDs, music in 5.1 surround and beyond.

Old 02-18-2008   #1

Default $1,000,000 Violin Destroyed by "Beckham" of classical music?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080214/...actured_fiddle

You gotta read this.

This up and coming young violinist trips and destroys a MILLION DOLLAR instrument.... And somebody lent him a Stradivarius. His insurance company must be thrilled.

I wonder if he said (at any point) "I'm going to sacrifice something I really, really love - man" and then sprayed his ax with lighter fluid before striking a match.... That would have been even more cool.
Old 02-18-2008   #2

Default Re: $1,000,000 Violin Destroyed by "Beckham" of classical music?

Come on Jerry,

Analagizing Jimi's guitar burn at the Monterey pop festival to the accidental destruction of a 1772 classic Violin????

There is a huge difference, one Jimi could just go to the store and buy another guitar.

A violin like that is priceless. It's funny I was just watching something on the science channel about the Statavarius' and how they theorize it was due to the mini-ice age and excesive tree density that might have contributed to the exceptional sound of these instruments.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008   #3

No disrespect towards the guy who smashed the violin but I think Jimi's AX (I believe that David Crosby owns the remnants, but I am not certain) is worth more - at least to me...
Old 02-18-2008   #4

"I had it over my shoulder in its case and I fell down a concrete flight of stairs backward," Garrett said Thursday. "When I opened the case, much of my G.B. Guadagnini had been crushed."

I don't know how he did not end up in a hospital, if that is really what happened.

Watch us find out he owed his bookie money, and they broke his fiddle instead of his hand. . .
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008   #5

The whole thing is amazing!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #6

I know that Dweezil had it last. Frank had purchased the body and restored it into a working guitar. At one point Dweez was going to give it as a present but I don't know if that happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
No disrespect towards the guy who smashed the violin but I think Jimi's AX (I believe that David Crosby owns the remnants, but I am not certain) is worth more - at least to me...
Let them fall away"
narcoticprayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
1000000, 100000000, audio, beckham, classical, dvd, forum, franke, matchup, monterey, music, reload, statavarius, vbulletin, violin, violins