Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > The Best in New Music

The Best in New Music Post about SACD, DVD-Audio, music on DVD-Video, CDs, music in 5.1 surround and beyond.

Old 06-16-2007   #25

Talking Re: Best sounding DVD-Audio discs

MilleRSV, I do have the "Live In Paris" DVD. And the sound is excellent. I also am a fan of Claus Ogerman. He did a project with David Sanborn that I am still looking for. I would call it jazz with classical overtune. The songs are like movements and suites with Claus directing a huge orchestra.

Also, I see you are a Beck fan. So am I!! Do you know if "Blow by Blow" is available on DVD - A, or SACD?

And Elvis is more than lucky!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #26

Default Re: Best sounding DVD-Audio discs

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
timbre4, Yeah, I hear you. I just saw that Lexus commercial last night actually. She looks very good. Good choice to use someone classy like her in their commercials.
I've seen the commercial with Elvis, I missed the one with Diana however. I'll have to keep an eye out for that one. Too bad they're sponsoring that particular auto company. The "T" company is a four letter word in my part of town. I just retired from a place that was founded by some farmer that built this new fangled thing he called a quadracycle, he also had this buddy that invented something they called a lightbulb.

Ok, ranting over. Thats a subject for a different forum.
MilleRSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Do you know if "Blow by Blow" is available on DVD - A, or SACD?
Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow (perennial CBS catalog fav for any new format) was issued first as a single layer (non-hybrid) 2.0 stereo issue. This was followed later by the REAL deal as a 5.1 single layer SACD. cat# ES85440

Both are out of print of course, just be careful you bid on the right version.

The sound is very good but not a 10, reflects the quad mix origins just fine.
timbre4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #28

Thumbs up Re: Best sounding DVD-Audio discs

timbre4, Thank you very much for the information. I appreciate it and will look deeper.
Thanks!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007   #29

I've always enjoyed the Dave Koz DVD Audio disc "The Dance". The louder you turn it up, the better it sounds!! I did puchase the Monster Super Disc from George Benson and Al Jarreau, which was very good. But if someone comes over to hear great music, I always demo the Dave Koz disc.

Guys, I'm a HUGE DVD-A fan and probably have 55-60 DVD-A discs. Is there anyplace we can still get DVD-A discs PLUS find out about new DVD-A releases?

By the way, I went into my favorite Best Buy store. They told me that in 2 days, they were sending ALL DVD-A and SACD discs back to the warehouse and wouldn't be carrying them anymore.

Steven

Last edited by sbell; 06-20-2007 at 07:53 AM..
sbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007   #30

That's a tough call for me since I have so many that I love. I currently have over 130 of them. Two that come to mind are "The Beatles - Love" album and "The Eagles - Hotel California". I have many, many other favorites as well but those popped into my head first.
mitch57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
album, audio, cd, detroit, discs, disks, dvd, dvda, dvdaudio, forum, metro, recommended, sounding, top, uk