Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Best in New Music (http://www.avrev.com/forum/best-new-music-9/)
-   -   Best sounding DVD-Audio discs (http://www.avrev.com/forum/best-new-music/15-best-sounding-dvd-audio-discs.html)

deacongreg 06-16-2007 08:02 AM

Re: Best sounding DVD-Audio discs

MilleRSV, I do have the "Live In Paris" DVD. And the sound is excellent. I also am a fan of Claus Ogerman. He did a project with David Sanborn that I am still looking for. I would call it jazz with classical overtune. The songs are like movements and suites with Claus directing a huge orchestra.

Also, I see you are a Beck fan. So am I!! Do you know if "Blow by Blow" is available on DVD - A, or SACD?

And Elvis is more than lucky!!

MilleRSV 06-16-2007 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deacongreg (Post 728)
timbre4, Yeah, I hear you. I just saw that Lexus commercial last night actually. She looks very good. Good choice to use someone classy like her in their commercials.

I've seen the commercial with Elvis, I missed the one with Diana however. I'll have to keep an eye out for that one. Too bad they're sponsoring that particular auto company. The "T" company is a four letter word in my part of town. I just retired from a place that was founded by some farmer that built this new fangled thing he called a quadracycle, he also had this buddy that invented something they called a lightbulb.

Ok, ranting over. Thats a subject for a different forum.

timbre4 06-17-2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deacongreg (Post 729)
Do you know if "Blow by Blow" is available on DVD - A, or SACD?

Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow (perennial CBS catalog fav for any new format) was issued first as a single layer (non-hybrid) 2.0 stereo issue. This was followed later by the REAL deal as a 5.1 single layer SACD. cat# ES85440

Both are out of print of course, just be careful you bid on the right version.

The sound is very good but not a 10, reflects the quad mix origins just fine.

deacongreg 06-18-2007 11:21 AM

timbre4, Thank you very much for the information. I appreciate it and will look deeper.
Thanks!!

sbell 06-20-2007 07:48 AM

I've always enjoyed the Dave Koz DVD Audio disc "The Dance". The louder you turn it up, the better it sounds!! I did puchase the Monster Super Disc from George Benson and Al Jarreau, which was very good. But if someone comes over to hear great music, I always demo the Dave Koz disc.

Guys, I'm a HUGE DVD-A fan and probably have 55-60 DVD-A discs. Is there anyplace we can still get DVD-A discs PLUS find out about new DVD-A releases?

By the way, I went into my favorite Best Buy store. They told me that in 2 days, they were sending ALL DVD-A and SACD discs back to the warehouse and wouldn't be carrying them anymore.

Steven

mitch57 06-20-2007 08:58 PM

That's a tough call for me since I have so many that I love. I currently have over 130 of them. Two that come to mind are "The Beatles - Love" album and "The Eagles - Hotel California". I have many, many other favorites as well but those popped into my head first.