Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   April Showers (http://www.avrev.com/forum/april-showers-60/)
-   -   Mastering 4k Video (http://www.avrev.com/forum/april-showers/2615-mastering-4k-video.html)

JerryDelColliano 10-11-2008 07:45 AM

Mastering 4k Video

Hi Everyone

The April Showers project is moving forward at lightening speed. We have the film being color corrected and synched from the 1080p edited version to the master 4k files. We are playing around with some more atmospheric music that can easily be added when we get the project back from this massive "data crunch"

We have started shopping it around to suitors with excellent results.

It should be 100% done by 11/1/08. My guess is that it will be sold by then too.

-----

Andrew and I were bummed out to not be able to get any native 4k footage to Meridian for their CEDIA demo of their 810 4k projector. Even at 1080p it is the best projector I have ever seen by many factors. Just incredible. Patton, a 40 year old film now on Blu-ray, looked striking in terms of detail. Gladiator had color fidelity I have never seen in the movie before.

We just couldn't get a clip together in time. By CES, we will have them some finished materials.

deacongreg 10-13-2008 09:35 AM

Re: Mastering 4k Video

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano (Post 18096)
Hi Everyone

The April Showers project is moving forward at lightening speed. We have the film being color corrected and synched from the 1080p edited version to the master 4k files. We are playing around with some more atmospheric music that can easily be added when we get the project back from this massive "data crunch"

We have started shopping it around to suitors with excellent results.

It should be 100% done by 11/1/08. My guess is that it will be sold by then too.

-----

Andrew and I were bummed out to not be able to get any native 4k footage to Meridian for their CEDIA demo of their 810 4k projector. Even at 1080p it is the best projector I have ever seen by many factors. Just incredible. Patton, a 40 year old film now on Blu-ray, looked striking in terms of detail. Gladiator had color fidelity I have never seen in the movie before.

We just couldn't get a clip together in time. By CES, we will have them some finished materials.

I hear you Jerry, but it seems to me the most important thing is just about done now. That is April. November 1st, right before Thanksgiving and the holidays. Excellent.

JerryDelColliano 10-31-2008 05:38 PM

There are still some challenges getting 4k footage natively from the RAID hard drives to the projector but we have made MAJOR progress in mastering the film as on the end of October.

Think of the resolution - 4x to 5x more resolution than 1080p. Its just crazy to think about.

guit30 10-12-2010 02:46 AM

Talking about massssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

rbinck 10-12-2010 08:20 AM

You have a keyboard problem?

guit30 10-13-2010 03:26 AM

Yes,
Are you all talking about music mastering for a film?
Jim