Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   April Showers (http://www.avrev.com/forum/april-showers-60/)
-   -   Welcome everyone (http://www.avrev.com/forum/april-showers/2011-welcome-everyone.html)

Robinson_A 06-12-2008 02:07 PM

Welcome everyone

So, it appears my film, April Showers, has been given its own section here on AVRevforum. I encourage anyone who may have a question about the film or the process to please direct them to me here. Aside from questions, I'll be using this space to update you all on the post production process as we take native 4K footage and prepare it for the theatrical and home markets. I will also be discussing the sound mixing and scoring process as well as final output/color correction. Please weigh in with your comments or concerns as we go. Suggestions are always appreciated and look for exclusive content that will only be available to AVRev.com readers as well as a chance to screen the film in its raw form. It's full steam ahead as we work diligently to make our September deadline. Picture lock is only four weeks away! So welcome everyone, and I look forward to your questions and sharing this exciting process with all of you.

kennyt 06-12-2008 02:19 PM

Re: Welcome everyone

Welcome back from filming Andrew!

I look forward to the details of the shoot and post production details, it is something I am rather ignorant of and am always eager to learn new things.

Robinson_A 06-12-2008 02:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The shoot went great. The cast and crew were an absolute delight and made the whole process so enjoyable. Out of all the set experiences I've had in my career this shoot was by far the most friendly, stress free, and heartfelt I've ever had the privilege of working on. Dalsa Digital's 4K Origin cameras, while large, produce a stunning picture that doesn't rival film but beats it by a wide margin. The range to every frame is staggering which is already making my post guys foam at the mouth there's just so much tweaking room. Black levels are superb and despite some pretty impressive lighting set ups we were unable to make the camera clip in the high lights. I've already spoken to them about using them exclusively for all future projects. Here is a shot from on set of the team in action. I must stress that these are NOT screen grabs and do not reflect the final output of the film.

The Kipnis Studios 06-12-2008 07:08 PM

Andrew,

Congratulations! And if I can be of any help (owning the best 4k projector on the planet, 8.8 surround, etc.) I hope you will let me know.

It would be terrific to be involved in the Posting Process, but I also welcome the opportunity to have a preview at full resolution, here on the East Coast at KSS.

Perhaps we could make it a possible fund raiser, and raise awareness of both your story, and the great technology you have used to capture it.

Could I see an actual 4k frame from your film, so that I might put it up on the SONY - and take a picture to post alongside your original?

TheMoose 06-13-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robinson_A (Post 15580)
The shoot went great. The cast and crew were an absolute delight and made the whole process so enjoyable. Out of all the set experiences I've had in my career this shoot was by far the most friendly, stress free, and heartfelt I've ever had the privilege of working on. Dalsa Digital's 4K Origin cameras, while large, produce a stunning picture that doesn't rival film but beats it by a wide margin. The range to every frame is staggering which is already making my post guys foam at the mouth there's just so much tweaking room. Black levels are superb and despite some pretty impressive lighting set ups we were unable to make the camera clip in the high lights. I've already spoken to them about using them exclusively for all future projects. Here is a shot from on set of the team in action. I must stress that these are NOT screen grabs and do not reflect the final output of the film.

Sounds like you'll have an excellent starting point to get a great Blu-Ray transfer!

kennyt 06-14-2008 01:29 PM

I would LOVE to see this in 4K!!!

Andrew,

Maybe me, you and Jerry can talk Jeremy (are you listening Jeremy?) into doing us a small viewing and demo of the Kipnis studio with April Showers in it's native 4K and all that McIntosh gear????

That would be awesome!!!