Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Amplifiers (Mono, Stereo & Multi-Channel)

Amplifiers (Mono, Stereo & Multi-Channel) Go on a power trip talking about everything to do with power amplifiers.

Old 07-09-2007   #43

Default Re: WHO MAKES THE BEST AMP?

Anyone have any experience with Simaudio amps?
Silver Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #44

deacongreg,

I must agree with you, the JA room had amazing sound especially at the price point. Those same amps were used with the big Cabasse 'balls' and the room was way to small and the system sounded like crap. I too love the size factor, and am a huge fan of the Joseph Audio speakers. I still have two pairs of JSE's (where the JA crossover began) in my house.

Jim (aka Silver Supra) I have heard the Sim Audio amps many times at shows and they always sound good to me, I've never had them at home to truly compare them to others, but they always seem to offer a nice balance of power and finese at the shows I've seen them at. They also are some of the coolest looking products out there to my eyes, maybe only second to Chord.... What can I say I like that industrial loook!

Ken
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #45

Smile Re: WHO MAKES THE BEST AMP?

kennyt, yep, it was indeed a pleasure listening to the Bel Cantos and JA. The first time I heard JA was at this place 5 minutes from me called "Toys in the Attic" where I unfortunately traded in my equipment. I was impressed by the clean and articulate sound the JAs produced.
Silver Supra, I have not had the good fortune like kennyt to here the Sim Audio amps.

Jerry, maybe you could test the Bel Cantos in your bedroom system and see what you think? And I agree with you, outside of reviews in mags, Bel Canto is a sleeper.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #46

decongreg,

Did you gety a chance to hear the Nagra/Verity room??? I think that took the show, and for the price it should have!
Old 07-09-2007   #47

Thumbs up Re: WHO MAKES THE BEST AMP?

kennyt,
No, unfortunately. And I really wanted to because I have never heard the Verity speakers or Nagra electronics. Especially their analog stuff. But, somehow I forgot. Then once I got on MetroNorth, I wanted to kick myself. I must say though, the new flagship KEF`s were sounded pretty good. And their rep, was playing real good jazz. Jaco Pastorious, Bob Berg, etc.
I`m not a big KEF fan, but these speakers had life, and good bottom end.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #48

... and they were being demo'd with Chord's new $28K CD player and pre and amps.....
Sponsored Links

Tags
2008, 3505, 51, amp, amplifier, amps, audio, bryston, car, ear, golden, guitar, mcintosh, money, pass, proacs, sounding, stereo, video