Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Amplifiers (Mono, Stereo & Multi-Channel)

Amplifiers (Mono, Stereo & Multi-Channel) Go on a power trip talking about everything to do with power amplifiers.

Old 09-22-2007   #1

Smile Proceed Amps - True Classics

The Krell KAV-500 began my experience in HT and multi-channel amps, and it was not an easy transition from 2-channel (ARC SP-6B, D-125 and a vinyl system that cost as much as a good compact car). However, the Krell did the job. As my HT needs expanded, read: new technology being available, in-house demos showed that much more power was needed to deliver the high audio resolution to which I had become accustomed in 2-channel era. Enter the Proceed HPA-3 for L, R and C - the KAV-500 drove the surrounds. However, something very subtle was missing. After several experiments I noticed that the illusive subtleness that I sensed missing with mixed amplification was almost there when only the Krell drove the speakers. A loaner Proceed AMP5 was installed in place of the Krell, and Eureka! The system sung in all modes, i.e. 2- and multi-channel. This is my current amplification today: HPA-3 for L, R and C, and AMP5 for surrounds. The Proceed HPA-3 and AMP5 are true classics in the most important sense: outstanding sound.
lemahar3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #2

Default Re: Proceed Amps - True Classics

I agree, I had been using HPA-3 and and HPA-2 for my reference rig but just recently replaced the HPA-3 with a Levinson 433.

The HPA's are a great amp and on the used market pretty affordable.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #3

When I upgrade L, R and C, the most likely amp for the job is the ML 433. The HPA-3 will be used to drive surrounds in 6.1 configuration.
lemahar3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I agree, I had been using HPA-3 and and HPA-2 for my reference rig but just recently replaced the HPA-3 with a Levinson 433.

The HPA's are a great amp and on the used market pretty affordable.
kennyt, have you receive delivery of your new Levinsons yet?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #5

Talking Re: Proceed Amps - True Classics

I got an ML 433 the other day, it replaced my Proceed HPA-3 and is being burned in now.

The HPA-3 is up for sale.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
500i, amp, amp5, amplifiers, amps, classics, hpa, hpa2, kav, krell, levinson, ml, proceed, sale, true